It's definitely an interesting approach...

I'm less interested for locomotives, since they need power anyway, but I've been considering using BLE or similar 2.4 Ghz as an LCB replacement - my concern has been the amount of radio interference typically generated by DC motors.

I guess you're finding, even with the antenna in the loco, that it's manageable?

- sorry, been a bit absent; but yes it's manageable even in a cramped small tank loco. The only real interference problem I had was the motor magnet affecting the on/off reed switch. But I moved that 10mm further away and all was well.

- sorry, been a bit absent; but yes it's manageable even in a cramped small tank loco. The only real interference problem I had was the motor magnet affecting the on/off reed switch. But I moved that 10mm further away and all was well.

Are these latching reed switches? I saw them mentioned elsewhere, but when I tried to find some it seemed as though they're not available in the UK, or even from China.

Waiting and watching for more developments from BlueRail using Blue Tooth communications channels for two way communication between throttle and locomotive. I understand that they are working on a version to use existing sound DCC decoders, and their existing receiver which can take power from rail or battery.  Problem has been no NMRA type standard for sound settings on sound decoders. Sound decoder manufacturers have taken different CV settings for sound functions.