Hey all,

Anybody that has seen any of my previous topics will know that I'm a bit of a modern image London nut!

I don't have a layout, and I don't have much room for a layout. But, here is an idea that has been going round in my head lately.

Do you think it is possible in any way to create some form of modern image, urban layout set somewhere in London (N gauge obviously) in the space of no more than 4ft x 2ft?

Whether it's just a busy section of track or part of a station, could I create some form of busy urban scene in a boxfile? I'm thinking about loco storage and the idea of cassettes are definitely in mind.

What do you all think?

Cheers,

Matt

It is impressive, not just in terms of the details but the ingenuity in creating a fiddle yard http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/112891-lymebrook-yard/?p=2623711

Unbelievable that the whole thing is just two by four!

Cheers,

Keith

Just shows you don't necessarily need a huge loft or shed to build a quality layout :)

Cheers

Matt

• RMweb Premium

Some years ago one of the magazines had a plan for Sheffield station on a 4 x 2 board in OO. It modelled the east end of the station running mainly dmus and locos appearing to run round. So something similar based on London should be possible.

Some years ago one of the magazines had a plan for Sheffield station on a 4 x 2 board in OO. It modelled the east end of the station running mainly dmus and locos appearing to run round. So something similar based on London should be possible.

Sounds good, I'd like to have seen that! Now to find a station to model...  :scratchhead:

look at the widened lines that could work as it had really cramped stations to the point where 8 car trains couldnt stop at some stations

This is just the sort of thing I was looking for, although I have to admit, despite travelling between St Pancras and London Bridge many times, I had no idea that they were known as the 'widened lines'. Thanks for this, it will really come in handy.