RTP Class 81

Taigatrommel

By RTP I meant ready to plonk, as it's unpowered.  I'm just toying with you a little bit.  The scale, frustratingly, is H0.  It's from Atlas Verlag, part of a magazine series called "Legendäre E-Loks".  I picked this up on eBay Germany for €20 plus postage.  A nice curiosity, but alas of little use for most British modellers.

Edited by Taigatrommel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another 1st gen AC fan here, does anyone know of someone  who can build me an 81,82,83 and 84 to a good standard???      Found this nice 81 on flick along with a few others

https://www.flickr.com/photos/72534109@N07/25933104870/in/feed

I was going to do HO scale Class 86s, 87s and 92s. Would probably appeal to the British HO and European HO markets.

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20170628_121411.jpg

attachicon.gif20170628_122155.jpg

attachicon.gif20170628_122203.jpg

attachicon.gif20170628_122215.jpg

attachicon.gif20170628_122224.jpg

It's in bits now, having a mechanism shoe-horned in.

As a fanatic Class 81 - 85 fan, AND HO British Collector, this is a great addition to my collection.!I have been looking at RTR mechanisms that could be adapted. Tricky : Due to the slim nature of the British loading gauge, Both OO and HO Continental chasis are all a bit wide. I could go for a Bull Ant or Tenshodo type solution, but doubt I am going to get the power I need to haul 20+ HO Ferry Wagons I have in my collection! So love to know what you have come up with...! Best Wishes with your  project!         

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've got a similar idea, just need to lop off the buffers and triang underframe detailing (mine was on a triangle chassis)post-20773-0-18411200-1502134265_thumb.jpg

What did you use as a pantograph ?, I bought a flieschmann one, but it's too "HO".

Going back to the gbl (German equivant), how about trying a Piko EU06/07 (English Electric built PKP class 83 chassis?)

I've got a similar idea, just need to lop off the buffers and triang underframe detailing (mine was on a triangle chassis)attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What did you use as a pantograph ?, I bought a flieschmann one, but it's too "HO".

Going back to the gbl (German equivant), how about trying a Piko EU06/07 (English Electric built PKP class 83 chassis?)

I brought a Bachmann 85 for the chassis and as much as I could salvage, air tanks, bus bars, wipers even the cab interiors fit after a few minutes with a file. The pantograph was from Howes but they don't seem to have any at the moment. Forgot about buffer beam removal, that was done slowly with a large file.