Ready built turnouts

Hi all

After a bit of advice.

I want to build a small very detailed layout and want the best track. I do not want to build it myself as I only want one turnout and three long straights of bullhead rail.

Does anyone supply ready made hand built turn outs? and ideally the rest of the track to match.

Thanks

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Thanks

Well I waded through that topic and it seems that no one is selling hand built ready made turn outs at the moment

Hi Steve,

There are several track builders who will build track to order. But I don't know anyone who keeps them on the shelf -- apart from Marcway of course, but those are soldered copper-clad, not chaired bullhead.

p.s. You haven't stated your gauge or wheel standards. There is a big difference between N gauge track and S7. smile.gif

regards,

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
typo

Which 00 is it? There are three? four? principal 00 standards. All of them work when setup correctly, but there are differing requirements on your part that you need to be aware of. Many have fallen into this trap of conflicting standards, especially those who've worked in other gauge/scale combinations where things are a bit more clear-cut.

Personally, I think 00-SF and DOGA-Fine are tied for first when it comes to aesthetics, but the latter requires you to change the back-to-back of every. single. wheelset. without any ability to use Peco turnouts in hidden areas. On the other hand, most wheelsets (1980s--) will run with little or no adjustment through 00-SF pointwork, which is entirely cross-compatible with Peco due to having the same check span. (My biases are obvious.)

---------------------

I know John Hayfield advertises his bespoke services through Ebay, but no others spring to mind at the moment.

Quentin

• RMweb Gold

Could you give the details of those that build to order please, as perhaps I take that route

Hi Steve,

Member hayfield on here can probably help you ( http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/user/1131-hayfield/ ).

Other well-known names are Norman Solomon, Norman Saunders ( http://www.just-tracks.co.uk ), Stephen Freeman ( http://www.borg-rail.com ).

Martin.

Which 00 is it? There are three? four? principal 00 standards. All of them work when setup correctly, but there are differing requirements on your part that you need to be aware of. Many have fallen into this trap of conflicting standards, especially those who've worked in other gauge/scale combinations where things are a bit more clear-cut.

Personally, I think 00-SF and DOGA-Fine are tied for first when it comes to aesthetics, but the latter requires you to change the back-to-back of every. single. wheelset. without any ability to use Peco turnouts in hidden areas. On the other hand, most wheelsets (1980s--) will run with little or no adjustment through 00-SF pointwork, which is entirely cross-compatible with Peco due to having the same check span. (My biases are obvious.)

---------------------

I know John Hayfield advertises his bespoke services through Ebay, but no others spring to mind at the moment.

Quentin

Many thanks Quentin for explaining that.