Hornby Train Packs

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

Just seen on Kernows Facebook page that new train packs will be coming out soon. R3670 72xx South Wales coal train and R3671 K1 North Eastern train pack. Appears to be numbers of locos already released so perhaps Hornby are clearing old stock?

• RMweb Gold

Can this thread be moved to the Hornby section? As the packs are available to order at Hattons, Gaugemaster, Cheltenham Model Centre and no doubt others.

I'm sure it can, but only will be if someone reports it. Moderation here is light in the extreme - so most posts simply do not get read. Hit report, add your reason, and you will very often get a result.

• RMweb Premium

Can this thread be moved to the Hornby section? As the packs are available to order at Hattons, Gaugemaster, Cheltenham Model Centre and no doubt others.

Sorry I didn't realise that. Only seen them on Kernows website, though in all honesty I didn't think to check others.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The new packaging is so they can use the "ice box" style clear packaging instead of polystyrene it seems, the PO wagons are the old style large D couplings.

No I meant originally the pack was advertised as having the new Coke Hoppers in it. Now it has been released with 3 old private owner wagons. I wonder why Hornby changed the wagons in the pack was what I was meaning, not why they changed the packaging.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It seems very silly to have a BR 72xx pulling private owner wagons.

Oh dear.....not a marriage made in heaven.Well at least with a l/c 72XX anyway.Never mind,Rule 1 applies.You might stretch a point with a ( very ) early BR scenario with those wagons.Really it needs some coke wagons.

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear.....not a marriage made in heaven.Well at least with a l/c 72XX anyway.Never mind,Rule 1 applies.You might stretch a point with a ( very ) early BR scenario with those wagons.Really it needs some coke wagons.

Lots & lots of coke wagons. 60-odd would make a nice rake.

Ian.

• RMweb Gold

Lots & lots of coke wagons. 60-odd would make a nice rake.Ian.

All unfitted,banging and clanking on the middle road of Cardiff General,waiting for the road to Newport.....the road clears....away it goes and along comes another....and so it goes...day in,day out.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

All unfitted,banging and clanking on the middle road of Cardiff General,waiting for the road to Newport.....the road clears....away it goes and along comes another....and so it goes...day in,day out.

And the 72xx suitably weathered no doubt ;)

Hmm, I wonder if the packs will be split with locos sold separately ?

The locos were sold separately previously. It looks like these packs are combinations of current Hornby products that are being sold together as one

• RMweb Gold

The locos were sold separately previously. It looks like these packs are combinations of current Hornby products that are being sold together as one

There is irony in that :-)

The k1 is £79 at Rails, or with 3 wagons it's £168..

Edited by adb968008