Farish Class 150 Provincial 371-329 Accuracy?

cs233

My research indicates that 150247 never did run in this Provincial livery with a front blanked off centre door. In fact there appears to be no evidence I can find to show any 150\2 unit did run in Provincial livery with this configuration? Is anyone able to confirm this?

Thanks for the confirmation, sadly the model is wrong. It just does not look right with the blanked off door in that livery. A real shame that Farish could not tool the earlier door configuration like Dapol did with the Class 156.

150247 did not run in Provincial livery either, it was original Regional Railways livery

Sadly, correct and well spotted

The base model is based on the later version with revised connecting door

150247 was delivered in Provincial livery to Newton Heath depot (even to NL, odd to NH), proably in the 1st half of '87

150247 was delivered in Provincial livery to Newton Heath depot (even to NL, odd to NH), proably in the 1st half of '87

The Class 150/1 were delivered in Provincial livery

The Class 150/2 were delivered in Regional Railways livery

The Class 150/1 were delivered in Provincial livery

The Class 150/2 were delivered in Regional Railways livery

They were not, all production 150s were delivered in one of two variants of Provincial sprinter livery. Provincial sector did not become Regional railways until several years after the last 150/2 was was delivered.

A photo of 150247 in provincial livery https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/19880218-Preston-150247.jpg

Regional railway livery, with linking device but without text. http://www.angelfire.com/al2/philspage/images/150273rr.jpg

• RMweb Gold

And to add to the mix the last couple of 150/1 at Newton heath quickly got the darker blue window surrounds to match the later 150/2, this did not stop depots mixing it up with one of each when hybrids made up! IIRC picture of 150144 or 148 with vehicles in each livery.

nothing is ever simple !

Robert 

I disposed of my later Farish 150/2 due to this

I was about to purchase the latest Farish 150/2, but noticed it was the same

I am not sure if there is an option to fix this

Unlike the Dapol Class 156 which has removable gangways, I did not investigate if the Farish version were also removable

The main issue there is whether the door is moulded into the body or is separate with the gangway

• RMweb Gold

All,

The solid centre door is part of basic moulding, the connection is held on by a spot or two og glue and four locating lugs - easily removed and so its time for some modelling.  I would have thought an hours work would see a hole cut and filed to rep... or perhaps a piece of clear plasticard with a patch of black paint/ transfer  on reverse to rep window acheiveable, front face requiring a slight abrade with 1200 grit paper to rep the loss of clarity the corridor screen got.

FWIW its purpose when door open was it hinged again and closed off the "second man" side of the cab when used as a through corridor between coupled sets. Due to the imported filth and impact damage screens did not last long.

MJKerr - I expect Ian at Mercig would relish enhancing a model for you !!

Robert 

• RMweb Gold

I am not sure if there is an option to fix this

Unlike the Dapol Class 156 which has removable gangways, I did not investigate if the Farish version were also removable

The main issue there is whether the door is moulded into the body or is separate with the gangway

The gangway is removable (fits into 4 holes like the Mk.1s) and the door is part of the body moulding. 

Tom.