I have seen a pic of a class 40 working a train but it was early 80s so why not have a 97. 

Here is a quick iPhone snap of one of my 97's number 97406 ex 40135 without boiler water tanks as per the prototype.

post-7968-0-47432500-1515253652_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

One of the occasional inspection trains passing Maentwrog Road...

post-6680-0-54787200-1515434143_thumb.jpg

The sun breaks through storm clouds over Trawsfynydd as one of the numerous ballast workings  heads over the branch during upgrading of the line on a bitterly cold Sunday, 14th November 1993. (31242)...

post-6680-0-17994500-1515434227_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

One of the occasional inspection trains passing Maentwrog Road...

The sun breaks through storm clouds over Trawsfynydd as one of the numerous ballast workings  heads over the branch during upgrading of the line on a bitterly cold Sunday, 14th November 1993. (31242)...

Thanks for sharing Larry, great photos.

Just looking through your book 'The Conwy Valley Line' Eight decades of colour.

Any photos of the 1986/87 period regarding ballast or engineers trains down the branch in your collection?

Thanks for sharing Larry great photos.

Just looking through your book 'The Conwy Valley Line' Eight decades of colour.

Anything photos of the 1986/87 period regarding ballast or engineers trains down the branch in your collection?

Sorry no. I wonder if anything PW-wise was ever done in that period; Some of the sleepers were so rotten particularly in the dip at the bottom of the incline from Meantwrog Road. 

• RMweb Premium

Oh nice one Nick. More pics of 97405 please. This has been on my to do list for  years but I really don't need another class 40. Very tempting though.

Cheers Peter.

Heresy! Quick grab your flaming torches and pitchforks, we have an unbeliever! :D :D :D

Said in best “Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition” type accent

Heresy! Quick grab your flaming torches and pitchforks, we have an unbeliever! :D :D :D

Said in best “Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition” type accent

Ha ha I think if I could pick one up cheaper than the Hattons 127.00 pounds I would be very tempted. 

I'm really pleased that you're extending this project to include the station building.
Will it be in disused condition, or as converted into a dwelling? - That's something you don't see modelled very often.... or is it still in use as a station?
Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it. 

A nice touch here, is that you could exhibit it as a whole layout, or even just the separate sections :)

Started laying the fiddle yard. 3 point motors installed and droppers fitted. There will be possibly another 3 or 4 sidings when its finished. The numbers relate to the address of the point motor but I am having thoughts of having a small panel with push buttons or I could just use macros from the NCE handset?

post-7968-0-98727200-1516560575_thumb.jpg

The numbers relate to the address of the point motor but I am having thoughts of having a small panel with push buttons or I could just use macros from the NCE handset?

Hi Nick,

I had the same dilemma as you. I have a small shunting layout, with hand built points operated by Cobalt Digital motors. I’d suggest using macros if you want to operate the layout from either side, as the idea of operating from the front appeals to me and so I don’t have to have a fixed control panel which needs moving. If you only operate from behind, I’d say a panel would be best to save having to select macros from the same handset.

Thanks,

Jack.

Guest Digital

Hi Nick,

I had the same dilemma as you. I have a small shunting layout, with hand built points operated by Cobalt Digital motors. I’d suggest using macros if you want to operate the layout from either side, as the idea of operating from the front appeals to me and so I don’t have to have a fixed control panel which needs moving. If you only operate from behind, I’d say a panel would be best to save having to select macros from the same handset.

Thanks,

Jack.

On a DCC system using cobalt ip digital point motors its very straightforward to add switches on a small panel especially on a small layout. You can either have one push button to toggle the point or two for left/right operation. There are some very clear diagrams on how to do this on the instructions supplied with the cobalt ip digital point motors or from this link

https://www.dccconcepts.com/manual/owners-manual-cobalt-ip-digital-point-motors/

So you could have the best of both world’s and have both macros on the NCE controller and a small panel sited where best suited.

John

Edited by Digital