MRJ 256

Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Picked up in 'Titfield Thunderbolt' bookshop. It arrived in the shop, delivered by Mr Karau himself whilst perusing all those books that l didn't intend to buy!

Edited by Jerry Clifford  ('Queensquare' of this parish)

As usual an excellent read with this one containing some nice pieces of 2mm scale stuff.

Trade grapevine...new Penbits sprung diesel bogies for Cl 40/44/45 and Brassmasters  re-introduction of the ex- Finney LSWR/SR loco kits.

Nettlebridge Valley Railway.a nice 4mm layout based around the West Somerset Railway.

7mm Radio controlled crane. by Giles Favell

Filing fiddly bits by Tim Watson.

Buildings in smaller scales by John Burkett-Smith

Taff vale steam railmotor in EM

Coach building in 2mm FS part two

RTR Southern coaches for 2mm by Mr Queensquare himself.

Satifaction of scratchbuilding in S scale

Cameo competition update  by Iain Rice and Simon Castens

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Nothing there that piques my interest, unfortunately, so for the second issue in a row I'll be giving it a miss - that's never happened before!

Though it's not the first time you've made two completely pointless posts in a row.......

Still, I understand your view, the content is pretty narrow only including articles on a layout, locomotives, wagons, coaches, road vehicles, scenics, structure modelling and workshop techniques in 2mm scale EM, P4, S and 7mm. I will try to get a wider spread of topics for my next issue!

The cover actually has two typos and there is a missing picture in my article which is disappointing but, as Chris says, these things happen.

Jerry

• Like 6

It actually sounds Quite Interesting. I'll have to wait for it to filter down to my local Purveyor!

Two typos on the front cover and a missing illustration.  Will it become a Rare and Sought After issue on those grounds alone?

Oh well, off for some coffee to kick start the brain.

• RMweb Gold

Nothing there that piques my interest, unfortunately, so for the second issue in a row I'll be giving it a miss - that's never happened before!

I've never subscribed and over the years of early career, marriage, children etc etc missed  or chose not to buy various editions - now in late middle age with changing and expanding modelling interests and hopefully improved skills and knowledge I'm now hunting down the missing copies......

ATB

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

And for the benefit of the guest editor who posted on an MRJ thread about the "countless complaints" he used to receive about MRJ threads, there were 11 copies of 255 in WHS Reading this morning.

Hopefully that'll help keep the countless average up.

(Edited to put a capital "R" at the front of Reading...)

Edited by Zero Gravitas

• RMweb Premium

There is probably nothing in it about modelling pre-grouping Great Central Railway either but rather than moan about the lack of articles directly relevant to me I will still enjoy seeing what others get up to.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

And for the benefit of the guest editor who posted on an MRJ thread about the "countless complaints" he used to receive about MRJ threads, there were 11 copies of 255 in WHS Reading this morning.

Sorry but your point is lost on me!

Jerry

• RMweb Premium

I think it was some sort of homage to the boring old "they don't have any copies in xyz Smiths" that used to blight MRJ threads.

Those of us dared to suggest that sort of thing was a waste of the internet and RMWeb have never really been forgiven.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think it was some sort of homage to the boring old "they don't have any copies in xyz Smiths" that used to blight MRJ threads.

Those of us dared to suggest that sort of thing was a waste of the internet and RMWeb have never really been forgiven.

Oh I see, thanks Tony

Jerry

The "filing fiddly bits" sounds like it has great potential for interest. I'd be surprised if an article on this subject in a high grade magazine did not have something to help me improve my technique.

Any road, I'm sure I'll find something of interest. Though obviously I would much prefer a magazine entirely tailored to my personal requirements I know it simply isn't possible. This hobby of ours is incredibly diverse, and the poor saps who edit magazines have to try to to cater for everyone.

Edited by Poggy1165

Just like wine, women & song; each separate issue of MRJ can't be all things to all men. Be thankful you have the chance to buy it (or not),  and take heart from the contents, regardless of your own ability, skill set or scale preference.

With regard to spelling mistakes; so fick.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

When you write 'Reading' I presumably refer to the town. Rather than the activity we all enjoy in WHS?

Andy