MRJ 256

Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Maybe they should be like the Beatles, and have a White issue. No complaints of typos on the cover then!

For the sake of decency, a brown paper bag should be supplied. Easier to get into the house.

Rob

Nothing there that piques my interest, unfortunately, so for the second issue in a row I'll be giving it a miss - that's never happened before!

Ever thought about doing a few articles yourself?

You must have a huge amount of stuff you could write about.

I'm sure the Editor would be more than happy, every mag relies on its contributors, I'm sure the MRJ is no different.

Having managed to get my hands on a full set, there are any number of issues that, from a read of the contents alone, appear to have nothing for me at all and yet, almost without exception, at least one article in every issue has had something I found useful...

John

• Like 1

Nothing there that piques my interest, unfortunately, so for the second issue in a row I'll be giving it a miss - that's never happened before!

"When a man is tired of MRJ, he is tired of life."

Edited by Bulwell Hall
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Ever thought about doing a few articles yourself?

You must have a huge amount of stuff you could write about.

I'm sure the Editor would be more than happy, every mag relies on its contributors, I'm sure the MRJ is no different.

By that same token, I'm sure that the new editor of Scalefour News will also be after him for articles.

• RMweb Gold

My sub copy arrived today and I have to say I'm really annoyed.

Not a single article on modelling the Armchair & Much Moaning Light Railway in Scalethirteen using sticky-back plastic and bogroll tube.

How is a chap supposed to find inspiration when his pet subject is wilfully ignored, month after month?

I don't pay my licence fee for the likes of this.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Oh, how I would look forward to monthly side-splitting humour and pithy, useful observations.

Unfortunately these days all we that seem to get on some threads is froth, endless speculation, uninformed opinion, veiled rudeness etc..etc..

A while back l started a thread on modelling Inspiration only to get admonished by some chap who questioned the posting of my snaps and l slightly wandered off topic on another only to be told off by some self appointed moderator. 

This site always has been an amazing source of information, help, eye candy etc.. If one has got a question of the most basic nature to the complicated, somebody on here can usually help.

Ah well..t'was ever thus........

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Oh, how I would look forward to monthly side-splitting humour and pithy, useful observations.

Well, we did try splitting it out into two threads - one for those who liked the side-splitting humour and pithy, useful observations; and one for those who preferred only discussion of the actual contents; but the great and the good didn't seem terribly keen on that. So we're back where we started...

In the immortal words of Sheldon Cooper: "I informed you thusly".

• RMweb Gold

I possess a gun but I have never shot myself or anyone else. Being in possession of something does not necessarily mean it should be used inappropriately. :)

Commendable restraint considering some of the residents of RMWeb.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've had mine now and had a quick look at it, and it looks like another great issue, well done Jerry.

Unfortunately I can't read any more of it at the moment, because I have not put it on the 'waiting to be read' shelf, but a different shelf.

• Like 1

I've had mine now and had a quick look at it, and it looks like another great issue, well done Jerry.

Ah. A complimentary post at last. Nice one.

With all this talk of guns etc I'm glad it's only the internet.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

I possess a gun but I have never shot myself or anyone else. Being in possession of something does not necessarily mean it should be used inappropriately. :)

I'll write your statement.............no probs.

Such a shame I can't get MRJ locally now, means a special trip to Plymouth, via Chris's Crafts and Model Railways shop.....

My copy arrived in Donegal today. It looks like a good read but I can't find any connection between the cover photograph and any of the articles, nor any reference to it within the magazine. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough.

Befuddled of Donegal

• Like 1