Stubby47 makes - Halwill Station building

• RMweb Gold

This is a project that is long overdue.

There are not many photos of the building, and of those that there are I misread the elevations and made c*ck ups on both sides.

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/h/halwill/

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/h/halwill/index1.shtml

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/110182-halwill-junction-track-plan-but-as-if-it-never-closed/?p=2271527

So a re-start has been made, this time using home made windows cut on the Portrait.

post-7025-0-67720800-1500242636_thumb.jpg

The windows in Southern green

post-7025-0-82566900-1500242652_thumb.jpg

The end wall and the window depth spacers

post-7025-0-37618000-1500242673_thumb.jpg

The main walls are now stuck together

post-7025-0-98881000-1500242692_thumb.jpg

The platform side in primer

post-7025-0-29091700-1500242710_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I have photostaken in the 80s before it was demolished but can't load them tonight as the hotel pasword only allows one device which isn't my laptop.

Looking good so far though.

I would be very interested in seeing your photos, some of the details are being guessed at, especially around the toilet block ( yes, I'm doing bl**dy toilets again...).

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I would be very interested in seeing your photos, some of the details are being guessed at, especially around the toilet block ( yes, I'm doing bl**dy toilets again...).

You know what you're best at, Stu!

• RMweb Gold

The first set of windows has been rejected, due to them not being good enough.

A new set is now in the cutter.

These will have the inner 'panes' removed prior to painting, before being cut out and glazed.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to butt in at this late stage, Stu, but what have you used for the roof, is it a Slater's sheet?

If you'll forgive me, it doesn't have much relief.

Now that you are the proud owner of a Silhouette (nice windows BTW) you could, with little effort, cut rows of tiles from either card or 10thou styrene, which would give a better representation, and allow for the odd broken slate or two.

I know roundhouse's photos are of the building in an advanced state of decrepitude, but they do show some interesting slipped tiles and obvious demarcation between rows.

In comparison, I'm concerned that the sheet you have used will be rather bland once painted?

For an instance of 10thou styrene slates, here's my terraced cottages from Grindleford:

post-17302-0-25437800-1501372771_thumb.jpg

and painted:

post-17302-0-70198000-1501372938_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Al.