G Scale - Garden Railway in Ireland

Here a few piccy of My Fathers Garden Railway in Cork Ireland, Electric powered. Tracking cleaning is an onerous task!.

It Started off with the Purchase of a MNR 0-6-0 for static display and went from there. Lessons Learned on the way was to possibly raise the track higher to avoid the detritus from tress and Grass cutting etc. I do dislike the over / Under bridge as I can't stand the trains speeding down the bank but that was the Brief!. Being in Ireland and situated on top of a high enough wind hit Hill operating days are far a few between!

35612065730_f097a738c3_k.jpg545_4585 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

35612061510_e897fade9d_k.jpg545_4590 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

35867843311_940b9bd154_k.jpg545_4588 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

35160930444_73450faacb_k.jpg546_4601 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

35867848131_efa1b661cd_k.jpg545_4582 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

Temptations are there to purchase another I.O.M loco, Maybe one of the Donegal Railcars or one of the Beyer Peacocks maybe with live steam but I have my reservations live steam will clear the bank.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Here a few piccy of My Fathers Garden Railway in Cork Ireland, Electric powered. Tracking cleaning is an onerous task!.

It Started off with the Purchase of a MNR 0-6-0 for static display and went from there. Lessons Learned on the way was to possibly raise the track higher to avoid the detritus from tress and Grass cutting etc. I do dislike the over / Under bridge as I can't stand the trains speeding down the bank but that was the Brief!. Being in Ireland and situated on top of a high enough wind hit Hill op

Temptations are there to purchase another I.O.M loco, Maybe one of the Donegal Railcars or one of the Beyer Peacocks maybe with live steam but I have my reservations live steam will clear the bank.

Live steam is often more powerful than electric pick up  .The locos  tend to be heavier . But your track cleaning will increase because live steam leaves oily deposits on the track when running. I tend to build my garden railways flat  and pile wagons on to get my steam engines to perform .Any locos that are electric pick up are converted to battery ,and fitted with radio control .That saves cleaning the track . I started out in g scale but tired of track cleaning etc and went for 16mm live steam but using g scale 45mm track . Phil