Blog- milkman matt's Blog - Hmm Now what?

Ok, this is getting ridiculous now. Those of you who have been following this saga would know of my heart attack in January. Well, 4 Weeks ago, I found myself in hospital once again but, this time, it was a bleed in the bowel. The remedy this time was for the doctors to remove 1/3 of my bowel. Hopefully, that will be the last time for a good while to come.

However, I digress. The grounded carriage project has been coming along nicely and I'm quite happy with it in general. During this recent brief interruption, I received a delivery of Noch set 14832 (Bedroom / Living room furniture) from AJM Railways. Admittedly, a lot of the furniture in the set doesn't quite suit the decor I'm thinking But the sofa is close and that was all I was really after. This, more or less, completes the interior so I can move onto the exterior finishes now. I have also installed the external entry lights which are quite impressive (although tiny) when lit. I have also received a delivery of assorted chimney pots and vents from Dart Castings. I was thinking of adding one to the carriage but I'm not so sure now. I actually have a few things planned for the exterior but there still may be some "organic" components to it. I don't know about anyone else but, I'm really curious to see how this turns out now! One thing I do need to figure out is the roof and how it will look. If anyone has a spare 4 wheel coach roof they don't need, I'd happily take it of their hands! :derisive:

Another delivery I've had recently is a product called "Micro Kristal Klear" which is a clear adhesive and window forming solution. The idea is that you can use it as a glue for clear parts or to form "windows" in small apertures by the simple expedient of applying it around the outside of the frame and then use a toothpick or similar to draw it across the opening to form a window. I have tried it out but I think I need a bit more practice on it!

So far, this little project has been quit a lot of fun an a bit of a learning curve for me. For those of you who have never tried kit bashing, I suggest you give it a go. This is my first attempt and I have really enjoyed it. There have been some frustrating moments along the way but those are the times that you just have to sit back and stretch and think about things for a while. The best advice I can give anyone wanting to try this is to not put any deadlines on the project and just let it happen as it happens!

The furniture set from Noch

The couch is all I really needed

The entry lamps from the Wills "Just plug" range

Quite impressive in the dark too!

The Window forming fluid mentioned

My first attempt at forming windows

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-7894-0-51376900-1500379725_thu
  • blogentry-7894-0-07906900-1500379738_thu
  • blogentry-7894-0-92442700-1500379746_thu
  • blogentry-7894-0-52988800-1500380092_thu
  • blogentry-7894-0-28874800-1500379842.jpg