Drawing of LNER Wheatley Y10

I seem to recall that there was a drawing by W Hardin-Osborne in Railway Modeller in, I think, the seventies. Fairly basic and I have no idea how accurate it was, as WH-O was a prolific draftsman.

There are before and after shots of it in A A Maclean's Ian Allan book, North British Album, which clearly show the new, smaller diameter wheels and the improved cab.

I've since remembered there was an earlier drawing in Model Railway News in the 1945 volume. Leleux says it is on page 100, but I don't know which month that would be. He describes it as No. 1011 as rebuilt, if that is the one you are after. Hopefully someone can turn that one up as well, I think I may have a copy but it is carefully(?) filed amongst a thousand other pages from old MRNs in one of several unmarked boxes in the loft!

I seem to recall that there was a drawing by W Hardin-Osborne in Railway Modeller in, I think, the seventies. Fairly basic and I have no idea how accurate it was, as WH-O was a prolific draftsman..

I built my first scratchbuilt loco using a WHO drawing from the Modeller! It was a G&SWR 272 class 0-4-0 Tank and I was very pleased with it. However when I later got access to the GA I found that the drawing that I had used was little better than a sketch and my model badly flawed.

It takes no more skill to follow an accurate drawing than one which is dimensionally suspect so please don't cut metal until you are sure of your drawings. NB is not my interest but I think the NB study group have drawings available. See here for more info,

http://www.nbrstudygroup.co.uk/sales/sales.htm

Ian.