GWR Toad brake arrangement.

Mike Huxley

I'm building a 7mm GWR Brake Van and want to make the brake fittings underneath as accurate as possible. I've trawled all references I have and been through all I can find online, without success in being able to find any drawings of the layout.

Can anybody help please?

Cheers,

Mike 

Herewith a copy of the diagram for a typical un-fitted GW goods brake -

attachicon.gifGWR Toad brakes.jpg

Jim

Thanks Jim, but it's the fitting of the brake system underneath that I need. I.E, how the hand brake attaches the the yokes of the pull rods, and how it is connected to the opposite end, with the actuators that the rod attaches to.

Mike 

• 2 weeks later...

Took some photos today, and when sorted will post some on here as I hope I have got all the details you want.

Thanks GWR, That will help me a lot. I di. d find out that the Parkwood Dundas kit includes most of the parts needed and also provide a reasonable drawing of how it all fits together. However, nothing beats looking at the original layout to bring the drawings into context

Mike

Edited by Mike Huxley

• 2 weeks later...

Yes for me too, my friend thrust a Parkside Toad kit into my hands the other day.  Do I see piping there?  My guess is that the van is through piped which is perfect for me because it is my intention to rig my build that way.  There's what looks like a small diameter second pipe, wondering what that is.

I think for context it would be useful to have a couple of shots of the van itself.

John

• 5 weeks later...

Showing the vac pipe and the off let most likely going to the brake controls in the enclosed part. 

attachicon.gifDSCF3104A.jpg

Showing the end where the vac pipe comes out from under the van.

attachicon.gifDSCF3106A.jpg

It is the left hand of the two toads which I took the photos off.

attachicon.gifDSCF3107A.jpg

If the BR finished van is 114751 then it is a conversion to a departmental riding van that has been destroyed to return it to a facsimile of the GWR brake van.

http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/gwrbrakevan/e346d8270  http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/gwrbrakevan/e286c45d9

Paul