Wrec-rail 2018:The return

George Woodcock

Hello

After an absence of two years The Wrecking Crew are pleased to announce the return of Wrec-rail next year. It will be held on June 30th at the usual venue in Little Bowden near Market Harborough in Leicestershire. More details will be announced in due course.

Cheers

George

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello

After an absence of two years The Wrecking Crew are pleased to announce the return of Wrec-rail next year. It will be held on June 30th at the usual venue in Little Bowden near Market Harborough in Leicestershire. More details will be announced in due course.

Cheers

George

I will have to make sure my days off for that week coincide with the show.

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 months later...

A planning meeting was held last night, when we ate all of Georges chocolate biscuits and drunk his tea! All is on track- subject to confirmation, there will be 7 layouts in N, OO, EM and O gauge; 4 demo-ers and trade support. These will be announced as they are confirmed.......one trader we can confirm are those purveyors of quality railway literature, Book Law... more to follow in the coming weeks!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• Like 3

After an absence of two years The Wrecking Crew are pleased to announce the return of Wrec-rail next year.

Hmmm, are you sure a genial announcement is right? Wouldn't a warning be more appropriate?

Nonetheless, I hope it all goes smoothly. And there is no wrecking of layouts by the crew.

;-)

G.

• RMweb Premium

Tell Clive to get the ticket out again, flights seem reasonable, might have a dabble.

Mike.

Cor blimey Mike,

They haven't even asked me if I am willing to give up my time to help them on the door. This year I hope they do have a concessionary rate for retired people now I am a member of this elite senior group in society.

Hello

As we have now entered the brave new world of 2018 here are the first few layouts and demos for Wrec-rail 2018.

LAYOUTS

Botterill St Yard O Gauge    Pete Rye

Norton Wood SR NSE OO Gauge Kelvin Barnes

Framplington 1965 East Anglia OO Gauge John Norton and Co (Debut) 

DEMOS

Mick Bryan  Tales of mystery and imagination

Richard Dockerill All you need to know about O Gauge rolling stock

Finally for now admission will be £3 for adults and £1 for under 16s

More to follow  so watch this space

Cheers

George 

• Like 1

Hello

Mike we fix the admission charge as  low as possible. £3 is so cheap it might as well be free but we just want to cover our costs. Anything left over is given to a charity of our choice. We are putting on a get together for friends and fellow enthusiasts not competing with the NEC.

Cheers

George ( another OAP)

Hello

Mike we fix the admission charge as  low as possible. £3 is so cheap it might as well be free but we just want to cover our costs. Anything left over is given to a charity of our choice. We are putting on a get together for friends and fellow enthusiasts not competing with the NEC.

Cheers

George ( another OAP)

Even Warley had to start somewhere, from little acorns and all that...

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Cheers

George ( another OAP)

I shall be charging myself, also a retired member of the great workforce, the full £3 despite helping by manning the door making sure no one tries to get in without paying the full price. :rtfm:

• 5 weeks later...

Hello

Another month, another press release;

LAYOUTS

Redhill Yard, OO Gauge, 80s SR, Paul Wade

The Lane, N Gauge Depot and Yard, Pete Johnson

Farmer's Drove, N Gauge, 1970s Fenland, Steve Farmer 

MORE DEMOERS

Phil Sutton All you need to know about Class 24s

Kev Dickerson  Everything you ever need to know about DCC

Phil Eames Everything you ever need to know about soldering

More to come as time goes by. Hope to see lots of happy faces in June

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi George,

If you get really desperate and need something small to fill a corner

I could bring Two Sister’s Farm along, as I don‘t have a booking for that date.

Dave T has operated it so he knows what it is like. 

Just a thought.

Kind Regards Peter M

Hi George,

If you get really desperate and need something small to fill a corner
I could bring Two Sister’s Farm along, as I don‘t have a booking for that date.
Dave T has operated it so he knows what it is like. 

Just a thought.

Kind Regards Peter M

More than he usually manages with his own layouts....

• 1 month later...

Hello

An small but important piece of information are the opening times. These are 1000 to 1600ish

Cheers

George

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

And finally-- the last instalment;

LAYOUTS

Friday Bridge, EM Gauge, 1960s ER, Dave Tailby

Portwey, OO Gauge, Early 2000s Wessex Trains, Stu Davies

Cripple Sidings, OO Gauge, 1980s/90s, BR, Richard Coleman

The Wrecking Crew look forward to seeing you in June. I hope it's warmer by then.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Sadly Norton wood by Kelvin Barnes will not be able to attend but we have a worthy replacement in Sandiacre Balfour Beatty by Bob Bateman which is a OO 4mm layout of a present day On-track Plant Depot set in the West Midlands. This is something a bit out of the ordinary.

Cheers

George