Sentinel Shunter

Hilux5972

Now if I,d known ModelRail would do WD one, I would not have brought BR when they first came out a good few years back ;-)

It's the one little loco I have a hard time taking off my mainly Southern region layout.

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Chris, but what I'm after - I should have spelt this out - are the 'No:'s which form part of some locos' numbers and the 'ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT' writing.

Thanks Chris, but what I'm after - I should have spelt this out - are the 'No:'s which form part of some locos' numbers and the 'ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT' writing.

E-mail George Dent - he painted the original samples that were sent to China. I'm sure he must have found some suitable decals. (CJL)

I'd like to get the MR-014 & MR-016 models but I have a question...

I have a digital subscription to the magazine through iTunes, am I eligible for subscribers discounts on these (and any other model rail specials?) I only ask because I don't have a subscriber number that it asks for when ordering

I changed the id of mine to a Chesterton Junction allocated loco. Railtec transfers produced a set of transfers for that loco - and another set for a Bachmann 03 shunter also allocated there. I had to send photos of the originals though, plenty available in books and the net.

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Excellent news, I converted mine into a 0-16.5 shunter and need one for my OO layout. It is a superb slow runner.

There is an article on the conversion in the latest 'Narrow Lines'.

Edited by ColinK

• RMweb Premium

I'd like to get the MR-014 & MR-016 models but I have a question...

I have a digital subscription to the magazine through iTunes, am I eligible for subscribers discounts on these (and any other model rail specials?) I only ask because I don't have a subscriber number that it asks for when ordering

I had the same question, and the answer is yes. You just have to phone the number on the ad and the guy at the other end will check your subscription by asking for your postcode. 

• 1 month later...

I was contemplating ordering the WD Sentinel shunter, but today the latest issue of the World War 2 Study Group's excellent bulletin arrived through my letter box. Within it are contained both details of the Tidworth / Alderney Sentinel, the lettering and numbering as well as a picture.

In brief, as delivered, it was "dark green" by rather than WD had the letters "E.P." under the cab windows and was numbered 34.

Despite that the Model Rail WD version of the loco will still look nice on my layout.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was contemplating ordering the WD Sentinel shunter, but today the latest issue of the World War 2 Study Group's excellent bulletin arrived through my letter box. Within it are contained both details of the Tidworth / Alderney Sentinel, the lettering and numbering as well as a picture.

In brief, as delivered, it was "dark green" by rather than WD had the letters "E.P." under the cab windows and was numbered 34.

Despite that the Model Rail WD version of the loco will still look nice on my layout.

It's just a plain nice model - I have the NCb one, and as far as I'm aware (although I could be wrong) it's completely fictional. it just looks like a damn good model 

• RMweb Gold

A visitor arrived on Canute Road Quay https://grahammuz.com/category/canute-road-quay/ this morning in the shape of the Model Rail MR-015 number 47182 in early British Railways Livery, not quite sure how she got this far south tho...

post-243-0-46353800-1510313207_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-33317000-1510313243_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

As you'll see from Graham's post above, the new batch of Sentinels has arrived and is already being distributed. The models were specially air-freighted in so that we can have them on the Model Rail stand at Warley. If you can't wait till then, you can place your order through the Model Rail shop. (CJL)

www.modelrailoffers.co.uk

• Like 1