Sentinel Shunter

Hilux5972

A visitor arrived on Canute Road Quay https://grahammuz.com/category/canute-road-quay/ this morning in the shape of the Model Rail MR-015 number 47182 in early British Railways Livery, not quite sure how she got this far south tho...

attachicon.gifMR Sentinal_1.jpg

attachicon.gifMR Sentinal_2.jpg

I believe it was sent south for comparison trials with a 'USA' tank loco! Wait till you see what the 'J70' can pull! (CJL)

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking the previous livery issues are now sold out and won't be re-produced? I'd ideally like an LNER liveried one but m appreciate I may have to settle for one of the new 'British Railway's' liveried ones.

Greg

Yes, all the previous liveries have sold out - a handful of the NCB ones were the last to go. We gave an undertaking initially that we wouldn't repeat any but I guess if the demand was there, we could change numbers and that would probably get round the problem. There are no plans to do that, however. (CJL)

Edited by dibber25

• RMweb Premium

It should be a standard tension-lock coupler - loop and hook. (CJL)

That little hook is easily misplaced and not just on this particular loco. I find said items littered around my layout; main culprit at the moment is Baccy coaches.

Phil

It should be a standard tension-lock coupler - loop and hook. (CJL)

Thanks Chris. I contacted Kernow this morning and within a few minutes had an e-mail response confirming that a replacement coupling was in the post - that's customer service :angel:

Edited by Pint of Adnams

Just ordered up Departmental No 42, can what to get her on Compton Quay for a little test run. Was very impressed with my NCB version I picked up at Warley last year (think it was only of the last 3 on the shelf)! Must say was very tempted by the WD one too, though it might go well with my WW1 Trench Railway in a transition siding, but then spotted they were built from 1927... Think I might have to cash in some modeller's licences at some point!  :jester: