If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Meiringen in Switzerland

OBD_76

Hello

My name is Daniel, I'm 40 years old, and I live in Meiringen (Switzerland), the village where Sherlock Holmes is a freeman :-)

I'm interrested in british railways since one year, and I start in the near future a layout in N gauge.

Please apologize my knowledge of english.

Regards

Daniel

• Like 1

Ironic really, you're from a beautiful town surrounded by delightful narrow gauge rack equipped lines, mountains and some preserved steam locos and yet you want to get some farish diesels and build a model of a scruffy midlands industrial estate (or similar but in steam days).

We look forward to seeing what you get up to. In my experience Swiss people tend to speak better English than half our population (despite it usually being their 3rd or 4th language) so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Like 2

Hello to all again

Sorry for my last short answer. I am realy pleased to be here!

Ironic really, you're from a beautiful town surrounded by delightful narrow gauge rack equipped lines, mountains and some preserved steam locos and yet you want to get some farish diesels and build a model of a scruffy midlands industrial estate (or similar but in steam days).

We look forward to seeing what you get up to. In my experience Swiss people tend to speak better English than half our population (despite it usually being their 3rd or 4th language) so I wouldn't worry too much.

Oh i like the swiss narrow gauge, and normal it is to build them (as a swiss). But i am not really normal. I hear every night a Sherlock Holmes radioplay, like british humor, look sometimes Hercule Poiror or Holmes too, an i really like british steam.

Best regards

Daniel

Edited by OBD_76

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if you you have ever read this book, which is set in Meiringen: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/bookreviews/4029819/And-Then-There-Was-No-One-by-Gilbert-Adair-review.html

It might have been in this book that I read the claim that Meiringen was the place where merangue was invented.

Edited by Andy Kirkham

Hello Geoff

Thank you, and I hope to get inspired. Actually I plan a baseboard (in modules) 13' x 1,3'

Hello Andy

I didn't read this book, but I know the story. And yes, we have the best merangue. :-)

Best regards

Daniel