Dear Hattons; time for something new in 1:148 scale

grahame

We don't expect them to, the question was asked several times in several threads with no replies, so this thread was started (not by me, by the way). They have now done several commisions in OO and announced a few in O gauge so it was fair to say what about N gauge. The warwell was an obvious choice for all 3 scales, personally I would not expect them to risk a loco in N gauge but a wagon or coach possible a re-livery. When it comes to putting ones own money up front I have done that in a past life with limited editions, kits and looked at RTR all in N gauge so fully understand the costs.

Now the situation has changed as Hattons Dave has come on this thread and answered the direct question, see post 66.

Personally I think this is disappointing from probable the biggest model retailer but that is their prerogative, as it is mine as to where I spend my money.

N Gauge modellers are very fortunate (especially Modern Image ones) that there is RevolutioN fronted by Ben Ando and Mike Hale effectively does just that, but this topic is about retailer commissions and the reason why Hattons have so far not been attracted to N.

Regards

Roy

N Gauge modellers are very fortunate (especially Modern Image ones) that there is RevolutioN fronted by Ben Ando and Mike Hale effectively does just that, but this topic is about retailer commissions and the reason why Hattons have so far not been attracted to N.

Regards

Roy

If hattons don't want to do it then that's there lose and if someone else choisies to do it then that's their gain.

Thanks

Alan

p.s sorry if I seem rude here but people power can make a huge difference to there hobby if they really want to and why wait one hattons when you can make a difference

If hattons don't want to do it then that's there lose and if someone else choisies to do it then that's their gain.

Thanks

Alan

p.s sorry if I seem rude here but people power can make a huge difference to there hobby if they really want to and why wait one hattons when you can make a difference

It was a simple question to ask Hattons why not N gauge when you are doing 2 other scales, if you don't like people discussing this ignore the thread. 

People are and have done it themselves so why not Hattons was a fair question, besides it would be a big risk taking on a warwell as Hattons have the research done and produced it in 2 scales, they could quickly design the N gauge version.

• RMweb Gold

It was a simple question to ask Hattons why not N gauge when you are doing 2 other scales, if you don't like people discussing this ignore the thread.

People are and have done it themselves so why not Hattons was a fair question, besides it would be a big risk taking on a warwell as Hattons have the research done and produced it in 2 scales, they could quickly design the N gauge version.

But design isn't the issue is it? It is the cost of tooling and whether that will a) be recouped and b) thereafter make sufficient return in investment.

Roy

If you don't like my opinion then that just to bad or you maybe take your own advice and ignore what I've said