Weathered 1980s Blue - Locos and Stock

Nice to see some more BR blue., love the Amoco tanks. I take it the chassis in 31270 is not original or have you got lucky and avoided the dreaded Mazak rot?

I have 31270 and 31111 converted to 31117. So far so good, fingers crossed. I have put a lot of work into them so I hope it does not all go waste one day. we shall see. I have always liked Peafore Yard as a layout :)

I love 31117, those WR skinheads were great.

If you need any further inspiration have a look at railpixtc.co.uk, it's Tony callaghans picture sight and has some great BR blue images from early 80s mainly on WR and SR.

• Like 1

The first pass of 47324.

This has been cobbled together out of lots of bits. An old Heljan 47 shell was renumbered, new hand rails made all round bits of glazing were found. Thanks again to Ken to sending me three sets of windscreens of from which I managed to salvage two complete windscreens. I made the center headcode panels from scratch found a spare chassis on ebay and had just enough buffer beam detail kicking about to add to that.

It was two coats of railmatch framedirt on the chassis and then weathered with powders and paints.

I always weather the cab areas first. As they need minimal powders and then mask them off and then go for the body first with paints then with powders.

Given it a bit more work so here are some new pictures

post-17404-0-65274900-1508516320_thumb.jpgpost-17404-0-03927100-1508516546_thumb.jpgpost-17404-0-86816000-1508516591_thumb.jpg]

post-17404-0-02398500-1508516618_thumb.jpg

post-17404-0-45481900-1508516672_thumb.jpg

Edited by SouthernBlue80s
  • Like 10

Hi Rob. All improved it has been all knocked back including the panels to give them that more primery feel. As you can see I have put some new pictures up after todays work.

I have started on the lemon yellow front of 73124. to make it look non lemon....so far so good, we shall see!

Edited by SouthernBlue80s
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Simon, glad you liked them.

These pictures are taken on a camera phone so they do not show the colours or the details properly. I should get around to buying a proper camera!

I have more stuff to post up - but it is finding the time to take the pics. My dogfish are now finished I also have 25201 and 47285 knocking about. SPAs as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Andy. I have weathered it but I am not happy with the colour still. Your post has prompted me to get it out and have one more bash right now. I will post some pictures up soon. But my gut feel is that it will need a respray.

Cheers

Steve

Why not post a pic or two anyway, then if you do respray it we can see the difference :) Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1