Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Gold

I'd be most interested to know how good they are. I would like to buy some calipers and I'm finding it hard to choose something (I don't have any current need for high precision measurements beyond measuring wheel back-to-backs so I don't want to spend £40 on something if it's not necessary, but on the other hand I don't want to spend less if it gets me something that is essentially useless).

I'm afraid all I can say is 'it seems ok to me'.  Much like yourself I don't have a great deal of need apart from back-to-back measuring so didn't want to spend over much on it, and it doesn't look like it wall fall apart/go rusty in 5 mins, so at the mo' I think it's good value.

Guest teacupteacup

I'd be most interested to know how good they are. I would like to buy some calipers and I'm finding it hard to choose something (I don't have any current need for high precision measurements beyond measuring wheel back-to-backs so I don't want to spend £40 on something if it's not necessary, but on the other hand I don't want to spend less if it gets me something that is essentially useless).

Unfortunately looking on Amazon wasn't much use - the reviews seem to be largely bogus on such things.

I've had a set of these for a few years and can find no fault with them.  If I needed another set, I'd buy the same

Unfortunately looking on Amazon wasn't much use - the reviews seem to be largely bogus on such things.

I bought the Aldi Digital Caliper last year. No idea how accurate it is as I have nothing, that I know of, whose dimensions I precisely know that I can measure against. However, they are precisely consistent. I've checked several items several times and the results have not changed.

The instructions state that it is accurate to +/-0.02mm for any dimension under 100mm, and +/-0.03mm for dimensions between 100-500mm.

I'm happy with it. Has a 3 year warranty.

Been posted before, but worth pointing out again, especially in light of the price of new release limited editions and main range items that these represent pretty good value at the moment, sale lasts until 15th of February I think.

Bachmann Provincial 47475 at £95 and RfD split headcode 37068 at £105,

both post free.

http://www.modelrailoffers.co.uk/c/1078/Diesel-Locomotives

A Oakes in the West Midlands

http://www.aoakesmodeltrains.co.uk/

THIS SATURDAY 3rd FEBRUARY WE ARE TAKING EXTRA 20% OFF SELECTED ITEMS

These are items in many cases which we do not normally discount, such as Hornby and Peco Track (Peco flexi lengths excluded)

OXFORD RAIL First shipments of COACHES MK 3a BR InterCity Swallow Coaches 763F0002 & T0002 £34.99 This Saturday £27.99.

GWR Toad Brake 6 and 4 Wheel £14.95 This Sat, £11.96,

76DG001 Dean Goods Loco GWR £112.99 This Saturday £73.44

Last Few Adams Radial Locos 76AR005 £104.95 This SAT. £68.21

ANY CURRENT STOCK OF OXFORD RAIL WAGONS This Saturday 3rd February will be discounted by 20% off the marked price.

ALL OXFORD DIECAST MODELS THIS SATURDAY TAKE 20% OFF MARKED PRICES

NEW Hornby,Bachmann and GRAHAM FARISH 2018 CATALOGUES HAVE ARRIVED! Why not take up our offer

for personal shoppers only Choose Metcalfe Kit for 1/2 Price.when you purchase your new catalogue. (& SCALEXTRIC) OUT NOW !

SECOND HAND?

WE HAVE A SURPLUS OF COACHES AND WAGONS

IN 00 Made by Hornby, Triang, Mainline, Airfix and Lima. Condition is good

THIS SATURDAY SELECTED LOOSE COACHES £5.00 Boxed £7.50

SELECTED WAGONS £2.50 each and Boxed £5.00. ITS WORTH COMING ALONG AND HAVING A BROWSE!

Edited by andymac-2008

Possibly of use for those using r/c and some dcc systems as well as general household purpose Lidl have a five output usb charger for £14.99; one output being a 3A max Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, the others being 3A max combined / 2.4A max individually.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=10395&ar=10

Manual : http://www.lidl-service.com/static/1414949406/289485_EN.pdf

Edited by Butler Henderson

• RMweb Gold

Our new totally refreshed website at www.strathwood.co.uk awaits having just launched today. To tempt RM Web readers if you enter the code RMWEB you will be entitled to another 15% discount on your purchases this will apply to the first fifty customers who make purchases, this is in addition to a wealth of special offers and discounts as we make way for a host of new titles due in soon.

New features and titles will be added each month as we progress through 2018 along with additional special offers on our back catalogue of titles, some are close to selling out so be quick.

We have drastically cut back the print numbers of recent titles, therefore, some may only be available for short periods after release.

If you have been given a code to enter please take full advantage of it now as their use is very much limited.

(UK Orders ONLY Due to shipping costs)

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood Publishing

A Oakes in the West Midlands

http://www.aoakesmodeltrains.co.uk/

THIS SATURDAY 10th February is our 2 FOR 1 DAY

Buy 2 only pay for 1 ( selected items.)

Please check our special selling times at

9.30a.m and 1p.m.

Hornby Railroad Locos £39.99 Sale Price £33.99 THIS SATURDAY at 9.30 a.m. any 2 for £33.99

Bachmann 5 plank Wagons various discontined

£14.95 This Sat at 9.30 am any 2 for £14.95,

All these Hornby Locos Discontinued R2712,R3303,R3315,R3316 R3323 4-4-0 Normally £149.99 This Sat at 9.30 a.m. Any 2 for £149.99,

Hornby Locos Discontinued R3233 Class D16 & R32453A 2-6-0 Normally £149.99 This Sat Any 2 for £149.99

Hornby R3222 GWR 2-8-0T R3230 Class J15 Normally £149.99 This Sat at 9.30

Any 2 for £149.99

Die Cast 00 Scale Buses by First Exclusive £19.99 This Sat at 1pm. Any 2 for £19.99

Bachmann Discontinued 3 Plank Wagons £13.95 This Sat at 1pm. any 2 for £13.95.

NOTE ALL 2 FOR 1 OFFERS ARE FOR PERSONAL SHOPPERS ONLY AND WILL BE SOLD AT THE TIMES STATED.

• Like 1

The discounted 150s seem to be going quite a bit now...

Hattons were never the cheapest for the centro 150s but only 7 left in stock now and can't find any cheaper options atm. Might be time to get one before they sell out if you want one! http://www.hattons.co.uk/60858/Bachmann_Branchline_32_937_Class_150_2_2_car_DMU_150202_in_Centro_blue_stripe_livery_/StockDetail.aspx

Rails still cheapest for the weathered /1 but stock level doesn't seem too threatened atm.

• RMweb Gold

Dapol class 68s in Chiltern trains were £109 also at Rails.

Not sure if that’s a bargain, it’s a bit out of my watch zone, but it feels cheaper than others I’ve seen, but then there seems to be oodles of them second hand too.

Edited by adb968008

The discounted 150s seem to be going quite a bit now...

Hattons were never the cheapest for the centro 150s but only 7 left in stock now and can't find any cheaper options atm. Might be time to get one before they sell out if you want one! http://www.hattons.co.uk/60858/Bachmann_Branchline_32_937_Class_150_2_2_car_DMU_150202_in_Centro_blue_stripe_livery_/StockDetail.aspx

Rails still cheapest for the weathered /1 but stock level doesn't seem too threatened atm.

£88 at Model Railways Direct.   But i think i may have had the last one......

• Like 1