Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Premium

£88 at Model Railways Direct. But i think i may have had the last one......

Congratulations! I had it in my basket and when I went to check out, it told me the price had changed to £131 and wouldn’t be available for 14 days...

• Like 2

Model Railways Direct have just sent me an email about sale items,

https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/store/search.asp?keyword=SpecialOffersOO

Bure Valley Models have done likewise.

Cheers,

Keith

Just checked my inbox and received the same email from Bure Valley. Wot? No diesels! A steam-only sale. Pah.

Link below.

https://mailchi.mp/0e84de37a937/october-model-show-and-bargains-394667?e=2136d1d667

Congratulations! I had it in my basket and when I went to check out, it told me the price had changed to £131 and wouldn’t be available for 14 days...

Sorry!  I'll let you know what its like! :mosking: .  First for me to grab a bargain.   Bure Valley have some nice DCC fitted Motorised tampers for £52 and there were still some left when i picked one up! 

Cheers,

Keith

Thanks for the tip-off here - bought some wagons that were at decent prices, coupled with no vat made for a very satisfying experience.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Andone who happens to be in nantwich might want a look in the blue cross charity shop, someone has donated a load of steam era stock and locos

17AFA42D-8A75-4FF5-8F27-E45053AD9DDF.jpg

Hornby ‘boxed set’ with Pullman’s, BoB loco, track, controller etc £185

Hornby Black 5 BRM ltd ed £85

Bachmann ‘evening star’ £99

Maroon Mk1s £20

Pines express coach pack £45

Hornby City of Coventry ‘duchess’ £80

Plus more bits of Hornby rolling stock, Dapol wagons etc

Looks to be older versions of Hornby rolling stock mainly butbthere might be something of interest to someone (evening star seems a reasonable price to me)

• Like 5

Cheers,

Keith

Just got an email from my Credit Card company thanking me for keeping them in business.

Tell you what though, you gotta be quick with some of these bargains. Got an email from Rails late this Wednesday evening about the new Bachmann Class 66 in BR Green GBRF branding for £135.96 on pre-order. Ooooh. 18 hours later another email from Rails and their price was now £144.46. Blink and...., well you know.

So, spent my money at Model Railways Direct instead. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Modellers Mecca

4D-006-000 Class 73 73102 Intercity 'Airtour Suisse' (OO)

£84.42

http://www.modellers-mecca.co.uk/diesel-locomotives/13898-4d-006-000-class-73-73102-intercity-airtour-suisse-oo.html

4d-006-000-class-73-73102-intercity-airt

That’s a bargain, I got one off them at their stall at Stafford show that they had futher reduced to £75, it’s currenly sat in my workbench, stripped and part way through becoming a GBRf 73/9

Tempted by another one though to become it’s sister!

• Like 1

Hornby R1155 Virgin Trains Pendolino 00 Gauge Electric Train Set

Currently £135 on Amazon, free postage, cheapest i’ve Seen it at for a while....

Thanks Andy. I'm always on the lookout for bargains for the modern era.

With Amazon I check prices on camelcamelcamel for it's price history. Seems like this set has remained around this price point for some time. (The few blimps at lower levels, in my experience, tend to be millisecond pricing errors that are never honoured.)

post-31758-0-19754400-1518544279.jpg

Edited by Damo666

• RMweb Gold

Model railways direct have the late Stanier Mogul at £103 odd. 11 in stock according to their website.

Now down to £99.99 at Kernow:

31-690 Bachmann LMS Stanier Mogul Steam Loco 2965 LMS NOW £99.99

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/40072/31-690-WSL-Bachmann-LMS-Stanier-Mogul-Steam-Locomotive-2965

--I paid a fair bit more than this when the loco first came out --I should have waited... (but then I would have missed out on all the extra play operating time I have enjoyed!)

cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

Needing a length of stripwood to raise a backscene I am reusing nipped into B&Q to find various lengths/sizes reduced to clear. Picked up a 10.5 x 18 x 900mm length which was marked as reduced to £1.07 and got charged 50p!

Yes B&Q seem to be replacing all their stripwood with a new range - not before time as it was becoming increasing difficult to find a piece that wasn't warped or damaged in some way........my local store has some of the new range in stock and whilst surprise surprise it is more expensive, first impressions are that it is a significant improvement in product quality.

• Like 1

I called in to Ian Allen in Birmingham today. 

There were some Bachmann train sets marked down to clear £110 I think for the Thames Clyde Express or Military Manoeuvres.  Seems like a great bargain to me (but not my scale).

There were also some Graham Farish 2-car DMUs; Green SYP class 108, Network South East Class 101 and BR Blue/Grey Class 108.  I think they were £113.  Also some Scenecraft buildings but I can't remember the prices.

As the standard disclaimer goes; no connection except as a satisfied customer.