Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Premium

With metal wheels, certainly.

I do not believe I have ever seen them with small couplings. Unlike some old models though, the couplings don't appear to be part of the chassis moulding.

I've had wagons which I assumed were ex Airfix with a smaller coupling, there are some on the site for sale just now

Hornby list three different sizes of tension lock which fit the Airfix mounting.

Keith

Given the adverse comments re the colour shades of a lot of the liveries could the statement "The liveries available cover most of their operational lifespan, with early BR liveries and those from the present day featured" be one for the advertising standards?
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Given the adverse comments re the colour shades of a lot of the liveries could the statement "The liveries available cover most of their operational lifespan, with early BR liveries and those from the present day featured" be one for the advertising standards?

GBrF anf First GBrF are good. I also have the GatEx version which is decent. The rest... I’ve also got Airtour Suisse, but I know it’s wrong!

I've just picked one of these up for £61 from Hattons (more than 10 in stock).

post-17811-0-52788700-1525084334.jpg

http://www.hattons.co.uk/62752/Heljan_2662_Class_26_0_diesel_D5309_in_BR_green/StockDetail.aspx

A very sweet runner and noticeably cheaper than others. I can confirm that the suggested mod of adding a piece of insulating tape under the PCB works a treat and should stop the decoder frying... for analogue users, it's not an issue.

I've just picked one of these up for £61 from Hattons (more than 10 in stock).-

attachicon.gif2662.jpg

http://www.hattons.co.uk/62752/Heljan_2662_Class_26_0_diesel_D5309_in_BR_green/StockDetail.aspx

A very sweet runner and noticeably cheaper than others. I can confirm that the suggested mod of adding a piece of insulating tape under the PCB works a treat and should stop the decoder frying... for analogue users, it's not an issue.

I got a weathered version of this last year but have not fitted a decoder yet. Thanks for the heads up on decoder problems, which can be found with the link below for any one interested.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92448-class-27-dcc-problems/?hl=%2Bheljan+%2Bclass+%2B26+%2Bdecoder+%2Bproblems

Edited by mkrob

Thanks

don't suppoe you have another one of those...?

Thanks to steviesparx for the original post and for to letterspider for reposting it. I can confirm it still works on the LTM site and I got £42 off the Bachmann Pullman  :sungum:

Thanks to steviesparx for the original post and for to letterspider for reposting it. I can confirm it still works on the LTM site and I got £42 off the Bachmann Pullman  :sungum:

+1.  With the sale price and coupon, down to £380.  Not exactly giving it away, but cheapest around that i could find.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

wouldn't do it in print, but £26 for two years online is great value.

It is a good deal at £1 per issue except it doesn't work on Windows devices or desktops.

"*Please note that none of our apps are compatible with PC or Apple laptop/ desktop computers, or Nook or Kindle Fire devices"

Gotta love digital :headbang:

• RMweb Gold

It is a good deal at £1 per issue except it doesn't work on Windows devices or desktops.

"*Please note that none of our apps are compatible with PC or Apple laptop/ desktop computers, or Nook or Kindle Fire devices"

Also they lock your account if you try to use your account on more than four devices...

• RMweb Gold

I know I'm a bit slow when it comes to things electronic, but what does it work on?

Mike.