Bargain Hunters Mark 2

I don't need a Metropolitan electric loco

I don't NEED an 05

I DON'T NEED a Park Royal

I DON'T NEED AN AC

ohgribblegribblegribble.....

HATTONS!  Why Are You Doing This To ME???

At least I have absolutely no need for a Tango, or O gauge, even under Rule 1

I'm afraid I'll weaken and get the AC.  Its the speed whiskers, you know...

• Like 3

Dapol Class 73s for £73 at The Hobby Shop, Faversham.

Three versions currently available:

E6039 (blue)

E6047 (blue)

73138 (Dutch)

Good job the Pullman version isn't on offer then, otherwise I would have bought another locomotive I don't need. :P

I wasn't going to buy a Heljan Tango mainly due to the hefty price. It's just the right loco for my layout, so this one from Hattons at £89 + £4 P/P is a very good deal for me.

The Rails site above has good deals on DJ J94's at £54.50. I'll stick to my Hornby ones though !!

Not the right thread for discussion but it makes you think twice about paying full whack or even slight discounts from full whack these days when most big locos are well north of the £ton. There are more than 10 of most items for sale currently at Hattons. It makes you wonder !!

Thanks for the heads up though. This thread is useful.

Brit15

Edited by APOLLO

I weakened.

Now I'll have to do another cakebox challenge to give the AC a job of work to do. Luckily I've plenty of coffee stirrers to make a wooden halt from! 

At least the Metropolitans don't have speed whiskers, imagine how dashing they'd look in a Pennsylvania RR GG-1 red livery with speed whiskers.......

noticed that rails have Q6 for under 100 notes.

Not knowing what a Q6 is, I Googled it.

Just wondering, is that on O2 or 3?

Seems like a good price if it's just the handset (They are £250 at Carphone Warehouse)!

Guy

Edited by lyneux

• RMweb Gold

noticed that rails have Q6 for under 100 notes.

yep, looking at other retailers that's a good price for these, but I'm pretty sure Rails had them for sale at £79 before Christmas--I should have got one then...!

cheers,

Keith

Good evening everyone,

I don't know if this will be of use to anyone this Bank Holiday

Bank Holiday Sale Extra 10% Off Everything! Please Read

Starting 5pm Saturday 26th until 9pm Monday 28th there is an extra 10% off everything in stock including pre owned!

At the checkout, at the top of the page, click ‘click here to enter your code’ and type 10%off into the box and then click ‘apply coupon’. This will apply an extra 10% off your basket total.

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?post_type=product

Enjoy your Bank Holiday everyone.

Al the best

Charles

• Like 1

Good evening everyone,

I don't know if this will be of use to anyone this Bank Holiday

Bank Holiday Sale Extra 10% Off Everything! Please Read

Starting 5pm Saturday 26th until 9pm Monday 28th there is an extra 10% off everything in stock including pre owned!

At the checkout, at the top of the page, click ‘click here to enter your code’ and type 10%off into the box and then click ‘apply coupon’. This will apply an extra 10% off your basket total.

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?post_type=product

Enjoy your Bank Holiday everyone.

Al the best

Charles

Last day today. I've just ordered some Oxford die-cast vehicles and now I'm off to the attic to carry on redesigning my layout. Happy modelling everyone. Enjoy the bank holiday.

All the best

Charles

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dapol just put their June bargains on their website. OO scale OLHE stuff, few wagons, N scale Load Haul 56, a weathered green 73 in OO and some O scale goodies.

Don't know if this is any good to anyone maybe wanting to buy any tools. 20% off Clarke at Machine Mart plus 10% off other items in the catalogue.

Use code 9175109621348. Use in store or online

I'm on the mailing list.

Sorry, didn't check that. However, hopefully useful for some for other things.

It didn't when I brought a Bachmann voyager this afternoon. Suddenly all model rail items are now included if you look in the voucher section. Quite peeved, would've been worth 16quid...

Definitely worth checking

• RMweb Premium

Sadly does not include Collectables which is where Model railways are located :-(

The code still works, or at least it did for me.