Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Gold

Apologies for quoting myself but all 7 arrived the other day and the 'weathering' isnt as bad as I was expecting and just needs a little bit of fettling to make it look quite reasonable.

And for those like me wondering what arrived, 7 presflow wagons, not EPBs.

Roy

For those who like such things, Tennents in Halesowen have a load of wagons (mostly PO) Hornby/ Bachmann/ etc fitted with Kadee couplings for around £4-5 - spotted them when I was in yesterday: I think there may have been some coaches....

Edit: second hand, of course...

• RMweb Gold

Be quick, only one available

Topp trains Stafford have a Dapol class 68, 2nd hand but unused, chiltern rail livery 68014

£70.

SOLD NOW (one of my managers in work grabbed it!)

Edited by big jim

And for those like me wondering what arrived, 7 presflow wagons, not EPBs.

Roy

Oops, I could have mentioned that couldnt I, sorry, <blushing face> 

I would have liked them to be EPBs.

Edited by royaloak

Had reason to visit Ikea at Leeds yesterday and outside the customer returns area was a large stack of wood they were giving away for FREE! Of course it was mostly melamine coated chipboard (anyone for shelves?) but there was other useful stuff in there as well such as thin MDF for back scenes etc.  This is apparently all part of their waste re-cycling strategy so I presume it is being done at other stores as well. 

HTH

idd

• RMweb Gold

Crowd funded DJ 71’s now £109 at Hattons...

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/3094212/1000588/1000672/0/DJ_Models_Dave_Jones_OO_Gauge_1_76_Scale_Electric_locos/prodlist.aspx

£30 off rrp, £16 less than Kickstarter price.

Just ordered the GFYE E5010, takes my fleet to 5 class 71’s and the only variant so far not duplicated by Hornby.

Edited by adb968008

Excellent considering they are still at full price on Kernow, thanks for that, now I have to really consider one.

Edit: Considered very hard and decided that although I think they are an excellent model and now at £109 a steal,I also want too many other items so it has to be left on the shelf for someone else.

Edited by woodenhead

• RMweb Premium

In WHSmiths on Queen St Cardiff, they have a couple of Bachmann 31-535 class 105 dmus for £70. Clearance stock.

Popped in on my way past today. One class 105 as above and a weathered 150 in Provincial livery (at £100).

Also a few Bachmann trucks (mostly shunters wagons) at £9 or £10 and a random looking assortment of other ex-Modelzone stuff (paints at £1, some plastic kits, die-cast vehicles, tools...)

If anyone has one of the 10% off cards they were giving out in January it might be worth trying as they include "toys" and I don't see an exception that applies.

They aren't in the big clearance section upstairs at the front - they're up the few steps leading further back.

Had reason to visit Ikea at Leeds yesterday and outside the customer returns area was a large stack of wood they were giving away for FREE! Of course it was mostly melamine coated chipboard (anyone for shelves?) but there was other useful stuff in there as well such as thin MDF for back scenes etc.  This is apparently all part of their waste re-cycling strategy so I presume it is being done at other stores as well. 

The Cardiff IKEA used to put out random bits of wood in the car park. The last time I looked I couldn't see anything, but maybe they've become more official and moved to the returns area. 

I probably shouldn't go and look because I have enough bits of wood stashed around the house in the hope that they might come in useful one day already (if only I had a garage....)

• RMweb Premium

Ian Allan Biirmingham today

Bachmann 31-461A C Class 1294 in SR black down from £104 to £75 (4 available) These are £106 at a certain Merseyside emporium!

Bachmann 31-480 G2A 9376 in LMS black down from £99.95 to £70 (6 available) These are £101.96 at the same Merseyside emporium!

Keith

• Like 2

Crowd funded DJ 71’s now £109 at Hattons...

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/3094212/1000588/1000672/0/DJ_Models_Dave_Jones_OO_Gauge_1_76_Scale_Electric_locos/prodlist.aspx

£30 off rrp, £16 less than Kickstarter price.

Just ordered the GFYE E5010, takes my fleet to 5 class 71’s and the only variant so far not duplicated by Hornby.

£108 and free post from Sawyer Models on the variants I have linked, anyone else beating Hattons on these?

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product=djmoo71-004-dj-models-br-blue-class-71-full-yellow-front-71013-limited-edition

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product=djmoo71-005-dj-models-br-green-class-71-full-yellow-front-e5010limited-edition

Wow, gets better, but no, I will resist - it's either a 71 or a Dapol Banana and the banana is winning the vote.

But that green FYE - it's a work of art.

You're stronger than me. I caved in at £109 + P&P from Hattons and now they're getting cheaper... Repent, for the end of the world is nigh.

Ian Allen birmingham has two C class in black and sunshine lettering for £75 and two Super D locos in LMS black for £70 plus various farish locos all discounted.

Plus you can get Warley tickets there at advance ticket prices

Edited by Edge

Ian Allen birmingham has two C class in black and sunshine lettering for £75 and two Super D locos in LMS black for £70 plus various farish locos all discounted.

Plus you can get Warley tickets there at advance ticket prices

Are these the same as the ones mentioned in post #166?

• RMweb Gold

#165? The stock on the bargains table at Ian Allan in Brum always worth checking but so too are the boxes of Scenecraft items on the floor around the showcases with the locos in, I picked up a Scenecraft coaling tower for fifty quid on Wednesday, I thought they were as rare as hen's teeth these days...

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but Lidl has electric powered oil filled radiator heaters with frost protection setting for FORTY dib dabs. Items come on castors with 3 power settings, a frost protection setting and an optional 500w fan setting.

Ideal for that cold back room or garage layout. ( also doubles up for the house when t'coalman is late delivering due t' bad weather).

Not many left in Bridgwater as I expect these will sell out fast.

Yours Aye,

Giz

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Slightly different for the usual offerings, but still a bargain in my opinion:

Storage Solutions - Take-away tubs with lids - for those that don't have a take-away nearby or the stomach for the contents, I have found 50 x plastic tubs with lids for £5.60 on Amazon. I have over 50 of these tubs (and enjoyed the contents) as I have a Chinese take-away two doors down from me (far too convenient). Excellent for storing flocks, static grasses, tools, parts, spares, hardware etc and easily stackable with good, secure lids!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-650ml-Microwave-Takeaway-Containers/dp/B007SA7Y40/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509529342&sr=8-3&keywords=takeaway+tubs

I have also just purchased a 24 drawer storage unit from Amazon for £20.99. Again, perfect for all my different tubs/tubes of glues, small regularly used and close by tools etc. Comes in a variety of sizes and good value IMHO.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marko-Tools-Cabinet-Storage-Organiser/dp/B01F3NFZEO/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1509529597&sr=1-1&keywords=Marko+Tools+Drawer+Cabinet+Storage+Chest+Garage+Organiser+Tool+Fixing+Screw+Nut+Bolt+Nails+%2824+Drawer%29

Ian

I have also just purchased a 24 drawer storage unit from Amazon for £20.99. Again, perfect for all my different tubs/tubes of glues, small regularly used and close by tools etc. Comes in a variety of sizes and good value IMHO.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marko-Tools-Cabinet-Storage-Organiser/dp/B01F3NFZEO/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1509529597&sr=1-1&keywords=Marko+Tools+Drawer+Cabinet+Storage+Chest+Garage+Organiser+Tool+Fixing+Screw+Nut+Bolt+Nails+%2824+Drawer%29

Or for only £3 more, you can have a 64 drawer version (same page, options at bottom)

post-24-0-60358400-1509537520.jpg

Got these from my local Wilkos the other day for £1, I don't expect too much from them but they're fine for weathering and got a couple of useful shapes in there, indeed I used them on a lorry I weathered.

Steve.

Edited by sb67
  • Like 1