Bachmann J72

Lu4472ke

Hattons now have photographs of the decorated J72s in their news section.

I don't think I could live with the coupling rods of the LNER version.

The NER green looks lovely, if fictional. I will be sorely tempted to buy one, although knowing that only one side was lined on the  grey undercoat for the official photograph will spoil it somewhat. The old model of LNER green 581 was, I believe, in the same category.

I don't think I could live with the coupling rods of the LNER version.

With a bit of luck, it should be possible to remove the paint. I’ve managed to remove the paint from some manufacturers’ models where, for some reason, the manufacturers seem to think that sparkly grey paint looks more like metal than metal does.

Your right the NER and LNER versions are very nice. As I already have a couple in OO and A couple in P4 I really don't need more.... oh alright I could find room for them!

Mate I use that excuse for goods wagons and now my collection is now nearly 500+...!! :D Somehow I keep finding room for more of them...

Edited by Garethp8873

Gareth, I managed to slow that problem as I have a small layout. The problem was I liked Bachman private owners too much.so a couple of years ago I said I will collect all the Bachman collectors club wagons... which happened quicker than I expected... never having been a member was and still is the challenge to find them. (Here being one of the strange little rule to collect them) I now have the 22 until next year.

• 2 months later...

A look at some of the latest models and prototypes from Bachmann Europe, filmed on their Roadshow Stand at the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2018.

Models featured, included the all new NER E1/J72 Class 0-6-0T, British Rail Class 24/1 and Ransomes & Rapier 45 Ton Breakdown Crane, plus more, as well as many other exciting developments cross the range.

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had an e-mail from a large well-known retailer today saying my pre-order of the NER lined green one was cancelled as they were no longer available. The models are not showing on the retailers web page either. The Bachmann listing shows this:

Availability.jpg.39483446d7af402e9b4f60304f2d76a9.jpg

No NER green... Has anyone heard anything more about this?

Edited by Martin S-C

10 minutes ago, Martin S-C said:

I had an e-mail from a large well-known retailer today saying my pre-order of the NER lined green one was cancelled as they were no longer available. The models are not showing on the retailers web page either. The Bachmann listing shows this:

Hattons are no longer a Bachmann Stockist.

Go to this this thread to talk about the Hattons/Bachmann situation.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Martin S-C said:

The Bachmann listing shows this:

Need to look up 'E1'

31-063 NER E1 Tank 2173 NER Lined Green £129.95 Branchline OO Steam 2 OO Nov-19

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 29/08/2019 at 12:31, Compound2632 said:

Top marks to Bachmann for use of correct terminology. 

Correct terminology, just wrong colour. The well known photo of 2173 is in 'photographic grey' (including frames) as it was the first of the latest (Raven) batch, by this time (1914) goods locos were lined black and no further E1s were green until BR days and of course 'Joem' in Preservation. 

I may have to take an LNER lined black one source some plates from Narrow Planet.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

Correct terminology, just wrong colour. The well known photo of 2173 is in 'photographic grey' (including frames) as it was the first of the latest (Raven) batch, by this time (1914) goods locos were lined black and no further E1s were green until BR days and of course 'Joem' in Preservation. 

I may have to take an LNER lined black one source some plates from Narrow Planet.

If I remember correctly , Bachmann know this , but customer demand is such that they want one in green anyway