29 replies to this topic

#26 2996 Victor

2996 Victor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNorth Petherton, Somerset, England

Posted 28 November 2017 - 16:58

So another two Class D dropside wagons and a Class E well wagon have arrived in Dundas kit form  :)

Sadly, the first two Ds remain unfinished, awaiting better magnification to aid my ever-lengthening eyesight!

• Like x 1

#27 2996 Victor

2996 Victor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 13:02

Just a quick update - the baseboards have arrived in kit form from Grainge & Hodder, although they're still parcelled up! A job for the New Year.....

• Like x 2

#28 Chubber

Chubber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationIvybridge, Devon.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 22:41

Hi, Victor,
I too realised my eye/hand co-ordination is not what I hoped it would be for painting steel strapping etc, so now I use artist quality waterproof gel pens. They make painting cab window rims and the odd handwheel or clack easier too as they come in metallic colours too.

Watching with interest,

Doug
  • Thanks x 1

#29 2996 Victor

2996 Victor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 16:54

Hi, Victor,
I too realised my eye/hand co-ordination is not what I hoped it would be for painting steel strapping etc, so now I use artist quality waterproof gel pens. They make painting cab window rims and the odd handwheel or clack easier too as they come in metallic colours too.

Watching with interest,

Doug

Hi Doug,

thanks for your pointer there - I'll have to look out for some of those as I really need to get some productive modelling done.....The illuminated magnifier has arrived and has been suitably equipped with AAA batteries, so fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 2996 Victor, 15 January 2018 - 16:55 .

• Funny x 1

#30 2996 Victor

2996 Victor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:19

Not much to report, other than I've decided that I'm not entirely happy with the shade of grey I've use on the first two D Class wagons. I've ordered a couple of aerosols of Tamiya AS-11 RAF Medium Sea Grey, which should hopefully be the ticket!

I'll post a couple of pics when I've had a chance to try it out.

Cheers,

Mark