Model Railway Constructor Magazine Specials

jetmorgan

Just had a delivery of Model Railway Constructor magazines arrive from an Ebay purchase. Among them were a couple of specials under the same name. I have no1. Planning and basic data & no3. Basebaords and trackwork. I've been trying to find out how many editions of this special series were done but having no luck...I assume I'm not asking google the right way.

Can anyone tell me how many of these specials were done and if they got all done before MRC went out of print

Just had a delivery of Model Railway Constructor magazines arrive from an Ebay purchase. Among them were a couple of specials under the same name. I have no1. Planning and basic data & no3. Basebaords and trackwork. I've been trying to find out how many editions of this special series were done but having no luck...I assume I'm not asking google the right way.

Can anyone tell me how many of these specials were done and if they got all done before MRC went out of print

Hi jetmorgan,

I have the following MRC specials;

1 Planning & Basic Data

2 Scenery

3 Baseboards & trackwork

5 Modelling for beginners

Modelling the GWR

Modelling BR today

No.4 (which I do not have) was I believe dealing with buildings and layout preparation.

Hope this helps., Chris Leigh (dibber25 of this parish) may have more info.

Regards,  John

Edited by irishmail

There was definitely a Kit Building one and one which was a list of all known drawings from the magazines from the 1940s up to the mid 1980s, MRC, RM and MRN.

The drawings one is MODEL RAILWAY CONSTRUCTOR SPECIAL No.7 DRAWINGS REFERENCE BOOK.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mickssrsource/tpagesrs/tmagazineindexbutton.html

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

Hi jetmorgan,

I have the following MRC specials;

1 Planning & Basic Data

2 Scenery

3 Baseboards & trackwork

5 Modelling for beginners

Modelling the GWR

Modelling BR today

No.4 (which I do not have) was I believe dealing with buildings and layout preparation.

Hope this helps., Chris Leigh (dibber25 of this parish) may have more info.

Regards,  John

MRC Specials:-

4  Buildings

6  Locomotive Kits

7  Model Drawings Reference Book

The 'Modelling' series didn't bear the MRC title but included, as well as 'BR Today' &'the LMSR' -  'BR 1948-1968' and 'the GWR' (any others?).

The MRC Planbook series:-

1  Bulleid Coaches in 4mm Scale

2  BR Main Line Diesels in 4mm Scale

3  BR Electric Locos in 4mm Scale

As well as these soft covers there was a series of hardback 'MRC Annuals' for several years - from memory something like 1979-1986 (?).

Chris Knowles-Thomas

I don't think they did an LNER version of the "modelling" books. But there was Modeller's Guide to the LNER by David Adair.

I don't know if it fits in with these, as it wasn't published by Ian Allan.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Modellers-Guide-London-Eastern-Railway/dp/0850598311/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1504216912&sr=1-1&keywords=lner

Jason