Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Issue 257 of MRJ has been printed and is being sent out from Amadeus tomorrow.

A batch are being sent direct from Amadeus to Guildex at Telford this weekend, therefore visitors to this excellent Gauge O bunfight will be able to purchase copies this weekend from both:

• Wild Swan Books Ltd
  • Bill Hudson Books

I have as yet no information on the contents, no doubt subscribers copies and deliveries to other stockists will go out next week.

Hopefully see some of you at the show!

Simon

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thank you Simon. My favourite armchair and a glass of best Port awaits.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Indeed CK. A nice glass of Sheep Wharf, bottles of which are held at the Frog and Pocket close by.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Nothing like a nice glass of Highbridge, eh?

For god's sake be careful! You never know when Lord and Lady Whiteadder, the fanatical puritans, will descend upon this thread and declare it fundamentally evil because it doesn't conform exactly to their idea of what a thread should be like.

Oh, and it might do something unpleasant to something to do with Google, apparently.

Oh, and it might do something unpleasant to something to do with Google, apparently.

Google, gargle, who cares - 257 is on its way for us to peruse and digest, whilst appropriately  cosseted in our comfy chair and lubricated with something appropriate to age, status and inclination.  AND we'll have something new to talk about! :scratchhead:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Er, don't you mean the 'Frog and Peckett?'.

I must say the thought of what the pub sign will look like intrigues me.

Shades of Mr Toad methinks...

Rob

post-14122-0-52895500-1504250230.jpg

• RMweb Gold

For god's sake be careful! You never know when Lord and Lady Whiteadder, the fanatical puritans, will descend upon this thread and declare it fundamentally evil because it doesn't conform exactly to their idea of what a thread should be like.

I would like formally and unambiguously withdraw any suggestion that I might have encouraged the consumption of alcohol on this thread, in any way, shape or form.

I also did not wish to suggest, in any way, shape or form, that Highbridge is still a functioning port, still less that large amounts of the drink of the same name are consumed there.

I am extremely sorry that this statement appears to have been made in my name. It wasn't me, I wasn't there, it was someone else. Yes it was, and that's the truth, Mister, even if you don't believe me.

In fact, what appears to have happened, is that my RMWeb identity has been usurped by none other than Barry Manilow, who's music and songs I allegedly once told you all that I greatly admired. That was another falsehood, yet one that I had no control over, because that also wasn't me, it was the others, I wasn't there, and that's the truth there Guv'nor, and no mistake.

I am very much looking forward to my copy of MRJ 257 arriving and reading it, so that I can make a serious and grown-up contribution to this thread.

• Like 4