If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Introduction of Heritage Tim

Heritage Tim

Hello there, after having been lurking in the shadows of these forums for a year or two, I feel that I should step out of the shadows and introduce myself.

My name is Heritage Tim, I am 22 years old and as for where I come from, the London Midland 350 Desiros are the trains I catch most frequently so there's a clue to speculate on!

I have a great interest in trains be it real or model which started from receiving an ERTL Thomas the Tank Engine toy when I was very small and then for my 5th birthday I was given a Flying Scotsman train set which started my interest in model trains. Ever since then I have been collecting model railways and expanding my knowledge. Although I lost touch with the hobby when secondary school exams took over I am attempting to make up for lost time!

I mainly model in OO gauge but earlier this year I purchased a OO9 layout which is currently under restoration. My main OO layout is currently undergoing a complete rebuild to turn it from a fairly basic train set into a proper modellers layout. My layout is going to be a fictional preserved railway with a large station connecting to the mainline. It will include features inspired by preserved railways I have visited and all the locos running on it will be preserved ones. It's an ambitious project but hopefully with some help from this forum, my local model railway club, friends and family it shall be a successful project.

I apologise for any basic questions I ask as I am fairly new to the more technical side of modelling as in the past I just played trains! I look forward to getting to know some of you and hope this intro doesn't contain too much waffle.