Scottish Steam Days Remembered

Strathwood

• RMweb Gold

Scottish Steam Days Remembered £34.95 (Release date confirmed as 14 September 2017)post-10498-0-33695500-1504350567_thumb.jpg

For this volume in the much aclaimed Steam Days Remembered series we tour Scotland as we visit the colour archives once again to taste some of the best colour photography from the 1950s and 1960s.

Presented as a high quality large format landscape album running to 160 pages in hardback.

Within are not only the Pacifics from Gresley, Thompson, Peppercorn, Stanier and Riddles, but a full supporting cast from the designs of the pre-grouping companies through to the standard designs are all featured in glorious colour. We have chosen material that is not only visually delightful but also with the needs of modellers in mind to pick up on interesting details of rolling stock, stations, and railway infrastructure sadly now all lost to us as enthusiasts.

Chapters take in; Through the Links, Shed & Works Visits, Old King Coal, Specials, Doomed, Top Link Duties etc.

Locations include; Carlisle, Beattock, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, both the Glasgow & South Western Railway and the former Highland Railway's routes etc.

160 pages printed on high quality gloss art paper with approximately 156 colour photographs supported by detailed captions and almost bound to please.

Limited print run of just 1000 copies.

Full details via our website and in our complimentary catalogue included in the next two months subscriber's copies of British Railway's Modelling magazine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks to all who have added this volume to their collections so far with just over 350 taken already from the 1000 print run. Judging from the comments emailed and expressed over the telephone so far Scottish Steam Days Remembered certainly impresses.

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood Publishing

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

That's Scottish Steam Days Remembered now with half the print run sold, a tad slower than Southern Steam Days Remembered II & III perhaps, and a lot slower than the two Seventies diesel & Electric Days Remembered which are flying, all launched at the same time last month. But no complaints from me and certainly none from all of you have been kind enough to email and telephone with your positive comments about all five releases.

Just as a teaser we will be launching four books dealing with the BR Standards in their service days and a book on Steam and the Scrapyards very soon.

Kevin

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Any "teaser" on the Seventies spotting days series Kevin ?

Just completing along the ECML and along the WCML for early 2018, these will go to print along with three other titles from the Looking back at series.

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

That's Scottish Steam Days Remembered now with half the print run sold, a tad slower than Southern Steam Days Remembered II & III perhaps, and a lot slower than the two Seventies diesel & Electric Days Remembered which are flying, all launched at the same time last month. But no complaints from me and certainly none from all of you have been kind enough to email and telephone with your positive comments about all five releases.

Just as a teaser we will be launching four books dealing with the BR Standards in their service days and a book on Steam and the Scrapyards very soon.

Kevin

I would probably have bought at least one more of the five in addition to Scottish Steam if you had staggered their release a little. As it is it looks like I will have to miss out on some of the others as they may well sell out before I can find the budget to add them to my library. BR standards and steam scrapyards sound appealing but please don't release them all at once!