South Western Railway livery launch

Should be at Waterloo tomorrow (plat 21) around noon with 444040.

Associated stock moves for the unit:

21.35 (Sun) Northam Depot - Wimbledon Park Depot

10.56 (Mon) Wimbledon Park Depot - Waterloo (via East Putney)

At Waterloo platform 21 11.37-12.42

12.42 (Mon) Waterloo - Northam Depot (via Richmond)

Edited by Peter Kazmierczak

• RMweb Gold

I suppose salmon over brown would be out of the question in the 21st century…  :jester:

I'm rather expecting another of those ghastly jazzy multicoloured patterns….sincerely hope I'm wrong!

With the need for 'accessible' liveries it would be, but they could have salmon bodysides with brown doors as a contrasting colour!

• Like 1

Apart from a photo-shopped image that appeared on the internet, SWR have been literally keeping their new livery under-wraps. Note that the run up to London tonight takes place in the dark!

Judging by the colours on their timetable leaflets and website, black or blue (with diagonal stripes) seems a common theme, with maybe a contrasting

fawn colour for the doors. We'll find out tomorrow.

Just hope it's more cheerful than the sombre GWR green which, in most light, just seems so drab.

As Ian says above, Malachite green (with perhaps sunshine yellow lettering and doors of that colour), might've been nice.

Wonder if it'll be a one-size-fits-all livery, or will the outer and inner suburban units have a different scheme? Probably the former, otherwise

surely they'd have more units on show tomorrow.

Full detals ..............................

During a stop at Basing tonight - I just happened to be getting off 10 mins earlier on the way home - I wasn't sad enough to go out especially - just me and about a dozen SWT fellas there .............

The dark colour is green / blue / dark grey - who can tell ?????? The light colour is alternate grey diagonal stripes ................... it could have been worse but still pretty appalling - bland as f*ck ......... going to look marvellous in tomorrow's drizzle

It ain't great I have a very crap phone ...........

South Western Railways Launch at London Waterloo. Featuring 444040 in the new SWR livery.

Sunday 03/09/17

5Z40 STP 21:35 Northam C.S.D. to Wimbledon Park Depot Sdgs

Northam C.S.D. 2135

Northam Sig. E842 2141-2150

Northam Jn 2151

St Denys 2152

Southampton Airport Parkwy 2155

Eastleigh 2157

Shawford 2200

Winchester 2202

Wallers Ash Loop 2207

Worting Jn 2215

Basingstoke 2219

Fleet 2235

Farnborough (Main) 2241

Woking Jn 2247

Woking 2248-2250

Weybridge 2259

Hampton Court Jn. 2304

Surbiton 2305

New Malden 2307

Wimbledon West Jn 2313

Wimbledon 2314

Wimbledon Park C.S.D. 2315-2315

Wimbledon Park Depot Sdgs 2328

Monday 04/09/17

3Z00 10:56 Wimbledon Park Depot Sdgs to London Waterloo

Wimbledon Park Depot Sdgs 1056

Wimbledon Park C.S.D. 1113-1114

Wimbledon Park 1116

East Putney 1120

Point Pleasant Jn 1124

Clapham Junction 1127

West London Jn 1129

Queenstown Rd.(Battersea) 1129

Nine Elms Jn 1130

London Waterloo 1137

Booked for platform 21.

3Z01 12:42 London Waterloo to Northam C.S.D.

London Waterloo 1242

Nine Elms Jn 1248

Queenstown Rd.(Battersea) 1249

Clapham Junction 1251

Barnes 1255

Richmond 1301

Twickenham 1306

Whitton Jn 1308

Feltham Jn 1309

Feltham 1310

Staines 1318

Virginia Water 1328

Addlestone Jn 1339

Byfleet & New Haw 1356

Woking 1402-1404

Woking Jn 1405

Pirbright Jn 1411

Farnborough (Main) 1417

Fleet 1423

Basingstoke 1434

Worting Jn 1438

Wallers Ash Loop 1448-1503

Winchester 1510

Shawford Jn 1512

Eastleigh 1515

St Denys 1522

Northam Depot Recept Line 1525

Northam C.S.D. 1540

Edited by Southernman46

• RMweb Premium

It was bound to be seen by someone despite it coming up under cover of darkness. A clip of it (leaving Northam?) was posted on the SEG website fairly soon after it broke cover.

My first impression is that the livery has been designed by someone having a colour-vision disorder (it's essentially shades of grey) with that singularly amateur-looking logo even worse when so big.

I hope, if it stops raining, to be at Southfields then somewhere in the Twickenham area to record the up and return moves.

It looks more like a tryout on half a carriage just to see what it looks like. And, for the bit that they have done, fair enough to put the South West Trains branding below the window line, but to then repeat the logo large size behind the cab end is a bit OTT and tasteless. At least it isn't a big flying f logo, but it's a bit too "in your face".

Jim

So in terms of local railway photography I'm now sandwiched between a line that can't cut trees down for toffee and is also camouflaging it's trains to fit in and a line that is re-livering it's trains to look like mobile rain clouds - marvellous !!   :banghead:

Was offered a SWR free ice-cream at Basing on Saturday after I'd been turfed off my perfectly good on-time but terminating short (AGAIN !!!!) WOE service as NR were busy cocking up the signalling between there and Woking - I turned and puffed my best glowering and scything aggrieved passenger face ready to let rip but had to quickly remember that I was not only in uniform but also the person doing the offering was small, female and looked about 13 and it would have been like kicking a puppy ............ B*stards !!

"No thank you, Dear but I'd really like them to run the trains on time instead" was the best I could do through a hasty plastic smile  :laugh: 

Now where's that constant moaning thread ....................

EDIT - I really must sense check the crap I write before posting .....................

Edited by Southernman46

Yes, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear............

Someone been looking for inspiration in a kitchen showroom then ?

I have no idea if SWR management read this but for what it's worth my humble opinion is that it looks cheap, not cheap and cheerful or cheap and simple, just cheap.

Yours etc,

Stu

P.S. Black is a sod to keep clean, ask anyone with a black car.