Peco code 75 (ref.SL-108F) and others

VicZA

HI All,

I have read rave reviews of the SL-108F track from Peco and it seems like a great looking track ... but I have a few questions please (complete novice here):

- the SL-108F seems to be all straight track (or am I wrong) - if so, then

- what is the difference between this track and other Peco Code 75 track, or

- what is the Peco code for other pieces of track (like curves, crossing, points, etc, etc)

Thanks for the help

Victor

Ah, bullhead track. There is a thread on this:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/107569-peco-announces-bullhead-track-for-oo/

But to answer your questions more briefly:

All other Peco code 75 track is HO with flat bottom rail.

This has bullhead rail with chairs instead of fixings & the sleepers are spaced out a little more. Their HO track has sleepers closer together. I find this very noticeable because I have been spacing the sleepers a little further apart for some time, so I have got used to this.

All Code 75 Streamline is flexible track so although it is straight in photos & when new, it can easily be bent to shape. Many modellers prefer this because you can bend it to whatever curve you like. This will usually be more gentle than curved settrack. This also explains why you will not find any curved track.

Peco are planning to release some pointwork but it is not available yet.

Bullhead was the standard UK track until about the 1960s. It remained common on many branch lines for many years & still exists on some, often in short sections.

Most yards still use bullhead track & you can still find it in some stations where there are no through services.

Edited by Pete the Elaner
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

HI All,

I have read rave reviews of the SL-108F track from Peco and it seems like a great looking track ... but I have a few questions please (complete novice here):

- what is the Peco code for other pieces of track (like curves, crossing, points, etc, etc)

Thanks for the help

Victor

Try looking on the Peco website. There's quite a lot of information there.

http://www.peco-uk.com/prodtype.asp?strParents=3309,3322&CAT_ID=3327&numRecordPosition=1

• Like 1

HI All,

Thanks for the help

Victor

Hi Victor - it is FLEXible track - you bend it to make your own curves.

There are no specific code 75 bullhead turnouts yet from Peco, but you could use standard (flat bottom) Peco code 75 turnouts or crossings.

Steve

Model Railway Imports

Canada

There are no specific code 75 bullhead turnouts yet from Peco, but you could use standard (flat bottom) Peco code 75 turnouts or crossings.

It will fit together but flat bottom plain track would look more authentic with bullhead pointwork than the other way around.

Peco have stated that bullhead pointwork will be out within a couple of months. For anyone considering building a layout now, I think this would be well worth the wait.