THINGS

Thebigshot

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

THanks for all the comments and observations.

We have opened a "proper" APT-E thread here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126155-revolution-opens-expressions-of-interest-for-an-apt-e/

Please ask any questions, or add any thoughts, there as that is the one we will find easiest to monitor.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

I think that you have to remember what it represented and put it into historical context - for its time it was something completely different on a whole load of different levels (technical and aesthetic).

Without wishing to create wishlists, the problem with the 87/90/91 is that existing models have already exist by Farish and although they could do with bringing up to modern standards it is a heck of a risk to compete with Farish (and Revolution is not about competing with Farish or Dapol (or DJM or anyone else for that matter) but about filling gaps to hopefully grow the N gauge market (and the OO market to a lesser extent!)).

On a personal level I would rather have an APT-P but we also have to be pragmatic and respond to customer requests for us to investigate scaling down the excellent Rapido APT-E.  The APT-P is something completely different and would require much more research and tooling.

Cheers, Mike

With regards the APT-P, if you ever did consider doing it, may I suggest that you do offer an "N" and "OO" at the same time.  Just thinking, from a financial perspective the research could be split between both models...and just give everybody a very, very, very long time to save up!

Regards,

• Like 1

Haaving just found a picture of APT-P running in a five car test formation in Modern Railways, I think I have enough justification to "rule 1" an APT-P, I ll admit that the only real attraction of the APT-E to me is the sheer quality of the 00 gauge version.

• 11 months later...