Hattons new announcement...countdown timer started

adb968008

Nor sure if his helps or hinders, but Graham Muspratt of this parish, in his blog today has reviewed the forthcoming Birdcage stock and I quote:

"The introduction of these sets with their distinct character, being of pre-grouping origin, that were long lived and little modified during their lifetime; along with recent and planned (check back on here after midday on Monday 11th for a further announcement) South Eastern & Chatham Railway / Eastern Section Southern Railway locomotives; will ensure that these excellent coaches prove popular"

So a planned SECR loco perhaps?

Edited by ndg910
  • Like 1

Nor sure if his helps or hinders, but Graham Muspratt of this parish, in his blog today has reviewed the forthcoming Birdcage stock and I quote:

"The introduction of these sets with their distinct character, being of pre-grouping origin, that were long lived and little modified during their lifetime; along with recent and planned (check back on here after midday on Monday 11th for a further announcement) South Eastern & Chatham Railway / Eastern Section Southern Railway locomotives; will ensure that these excellent coaches prove popular"

So a planned SECR loco perhaps?

Does http://www.nrm.org.uk/OurCollection/LocomotivesAndRollingStock/CollectionItem?objid=1975-7006 match the silhouette?

• Like 1

You're all way off, the sillhouette is of the small batch of 2-4-0 tender locos built in 1895 for the Marpleshire and Brownshire Railway by Sharp Stewart, nos. 1-3, which were painted in Lake and known locally as the "Red Herrings" as they largely handled the fish specials and always had a slightly piscene pong.

​The actual announcement is going to be an AM10 emu.

Seriously though "Hardwicke" would be very nice, after all the LNWR was slightly larger than the Midland so it's about time the Premier line got something more celebrity than a very nice tank and LMS rebuilt goods locos.

• Like 2

Guest Midland Mole

Seriously though "Hardwicke" would be very nice, after all the LNWR was slightly larger than the Midland so it's about time the Premier line got something more celebrity than a very nice tank and LMS rebuilt goods locos.

Could not agree more! As much as I (blatantly) love Midland stuff, there is a good amount of it out there with more coming in the shape of the 1P. Of course I will be over the moon if it is a MR 156 class, but a model of Hardwicke would make me even happier.

I have wanted a model of that beauty for a LONG time. :)

Alex