Hattons new announcement...countdown timer started

adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Just read the word 'locos' on the BRM cover. There goes my dream of a 185.

How about a Class 88? Most of the work has been done with the 68, and now they are much too common on the network for us not to have an RTR version.

Hardly any work has been done, the 88 is very different to the 68. Pretty much have to start again.

Dapol have confirmed that there is little in common.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

Guest Midland Mole

I will have to sneak a quick look when the announcement goes live as I'm not sure my boss will appreciate me sitting there drooling while I'm supposed to be working! :P

And I really don't want to have to wait until I get home to find out. :D

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole
  • Like 1

Hardly any work has been done, the 88 is very different to the 68. Pretty much have to start again.

Dapol have confirmed that there is little in common.

Roy

Pretty much have to start again is right but they are brand spanking new and becoming common. The excitement which that generates (remember the 68?) would surely mean that someone will tackle it and Dapol must be the front runners. I admit to having been disappointed that Dapol, rather than Bachmann or Hornby, was doing the 68 but when it appeared all doubts vanished. Apart from a few niggles, the 68 was, and is, ahead of the crowd.

I will have to sneak a quick look when the announcement goes live as I'm not sure my boss will appreciate me sitting there drooling while I'm supposed to be working! :P

Alex

If you’re caught, tell him that keeping an eye on competitors is part of the job. If that doesn’t work, tell him that keeping the Flangeway website up to date is another. If that doesn’t work, there must be lots of model shops eager to take on someone of your knowledge and enthusiasm! :jester:

• Like 1

Alex

I had to click agree, I'll be stuck in a meeting when this gets announced and if I take a sneak peak, I might end up shouting "yahoo... whop-pi.. etc. " at the top of my voice and then have to say "I thought I had an idea, but....nothing". 

• Like 1

Rather than more announcements please deliver what you have already announced. Like ICI hoppers which seem to going further into the future with regards to delivery.

Baz

Barry 

Please see Hatton's reply here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/97603-ici-hoppers-from-hattons-in-partnership-with-oxford-rail/?p=2850074 to your similar post in the ICI Hoppers thread clarifying both delivery and also the wagons being a different manufacture / supply chain process to these announcements being made later today and therefore one not affecting the other.