Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
- - - - -

Right Track DVD or downloads

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 petrovich

petrovich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHampshire, UK

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:14

Hi all

Does anyone have any of these for sale or download especially locomotive building and painting by Tony Wright, I am willing to pay a fair price but not the hundreds of pounds on Amazon.

Regards

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 stovepipe

stovepipe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 13:44

I've noticed whilst looking for something else, that some have started to appear on YouTube, though probably not lawfully. I only watched a small part and realised I already owned it, so not sure if they are complete. Search for model locomotive construction.

#3 davefromacrossthepond

davefromacrossthepond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, United States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 22:25

DCC Concepts seems to have some of the Right Track dvds.  They appear to have the locomotive volume 2 dvd, but perhaps not the volume 1 one.

https://www.dccconce...ooks-and-media/

#4 chris p bacon

chris p bacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,485 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire

Posted 13 September 2017 - 23:16

Try this,  Ignore the title it's Tony Wright and Ian Rathbone

Edited by chris p bacon, 13 September 2017 - 23:17 .

#5 petrovich

petrovich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHampshire, UK

Posted 19 October 2017 - 19:14

Thank you all for the contributions above all of which have enabled me to get some footage together.

Regards

Peter

#6 brossard

brossard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,538 posts
  • LocationA Bloke in Quebec

Posted 19 October 2017 - 21:14

I did see a version of the Loco kit building DVD on You Tube and from what I remember it was complete, some 4 hrs long or so.  I have always been mystified why publishers rarely reprint or reissue valuable works like Right Track (I bought most of them when they were available and they are excellent IMO).  The upcoming generation of modellers would benefit greatly from the wisdom of these grey beards.  I'm also thinking of Wild Swan modelling books which are so full of great information yet folk have to scrat about looking for second hand copies.

John

#7 anthony07

anthony07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationGuyhirne

Posted 19 October 2017 - 21:32

I have only just come across these DVD's, one of my club members loaned me volumes 5 & 6, which I thought so good that I bought a copy of each from Ebay. I was dissappointed to see that they were no longer in production. I don't know if all the DVD's are similar but, to me, the presentation is excellent. 

#8 Steamport Southport

Steamport Southport

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Location27C

Posted 19 October 2017 - 22:33

Yes they are excellent, especially the kit building, detailing and painting ones. Great for learning techniques that sometimes don't quite translate with the written word and photographs.

Keep an eye out for them at exhibitions and eBay. Don't pay silly prices though.

Jason

#9 Kelly

Kelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:42

I have a bunch of them, very good videos, especially the Tony Wright and Ian Rice ones. They pop up on eBay occasionally, or at shows. I wouldn't pay more than about 10-15/dvd personally.