SECR P Class 0-6-0T in OO Gauge from Hattons

Hattons Dave

What a charmed class seeing as four of the eight built have been preserved. Based on the LBSC Terrior, but with cost-cutting reducing their tractive effort to around 70% of that of the Terrior, they were unable to tackle their intended duties and ended up shunting. Still, railway enthusiasm isn't about success locos or otherwise. The collectors in all their guises will snap them up, especially as their manufacturing brand is a guarantee of a down to earth design.

Is the SE&CR now the best supported pre grouping railway? Just a thought

Still beaten by the LSWR with:

B4

Well Tank

O2

M7

Adams 415 Radial

700 class

T9

(May be an N15 on top)

Vs

P class

C class

H class

Could do with an express like a D class.

Disappointed that it is not the Midland Kirtley 2-4-0, but something to look forward to for the future! Meanwhile another one fo the "Bluebell Collection!"

Hopefully Hornby will produce the H Class: 263 as preserved and the D Class will be added to the NRM collection. The O1 would be the icing on the cake! The Bachmann Bird Cage Coaches are nearly with us so what a line up and all in pre-grouping livery. Who would have even dreamt of this 10 years ago!

• Like 1

Still beaten by the LSWR with:

B4

Well Tank

O2

M7

Adams 415 Radial

700 class

T9

(May be an N15 on top)

Vs

P class

C class

H class

Still lagging behind others as well, apart from the rather fine Birdcages it's the carriages we are lacking.

GWR? Quite a lot available.

Midland? Compound, 3F, 1P, Brake vans

GNR? Single, Atlantic. N2, J52, A1

GCR? O4 2-8-0, J11, D11

LBSC? E4, Atlantic, Terrier, Brake van

Jason

Really good news. Well done Hattons! 178 and 323 in current liveries have roved around the country in recent years so easily justifiable for many. Bluebell blue looks so very good with almost any livery of rolling stock.

I had stopped saying which newly announced models I would be in the market for, as in my opinion it doesn't add much to conversatilon, but with so much negativity around new releases I thought I would show my enthusiasm! I'll be preordering SECR 178 and Blue 323 and can see myself being tempted by black 27 or the BR examples once they arrive.

I felt the P class was on its way but didn't expect it to be so close to the H and birdcages. We really are being spoilt rotten!

• Like 1

The P class may have been a small one, with only eight locos, but there were a multitude of liveries worn over their long lives, as well as the previously mentioned four of the eight being preserved, so hopefully a lucrative and successful choice for Hattons.

I have already pre-ordered two.

Is the SE&CR now the best supported pre grouping railway? Just a thought

Still beaten by the LSWR with:B4, Well Tank, O2. M7, Adams 415 Radial, 700 class, T9

Still lagging behind others as well, apart from the rather fine Birdcages it's the carriages we are lacking.

GWR? Quite a lot available. Dean Goods, CoT, Star, 1361, 28xx, 42xx, 43xx, 45xx, 47xx

Midland? Compound, 3F, 1P, Brake vans + 2P  4F, 3FT, 1FT

GNR? Single, Atlantic. N2, J52, A1 + J50, O2

GCR? O4 2-8-0, J11, D11

So, on locomotives it looks like GWR followed by a (surprising) 3 way tie with seven apiece...

GWR? Quite a lot available.

Midland? Compound, 3F, 1P, Brake vans

GNR? Single, Atlantic. N2, J52, A1

GCR? O4 2-8-0, J11, D11

Jason

No mention of NER? Typical...

GCR, GNR, these were not a patch on the domain further north.

Hope those who like the Southern area are pleased (indeed many are), but its yet another small engine commission that's mopping up the engine allocation of further south. Its a popular choice and in demand, much like the other Industrial tank announced. Clever choices from Hattons...

Hope those who like the Southern area are pleased (indeed many are), but its yet another small engine commission that's mopping up the engine allocation of further south. Its a popular choice and in demand, much like the other Industrial tank announced. Clever choices from Hattons...

I thought there was only a Q6 and J72 available. I was trying to only post railways that had more items available than the SECR.

I also left out the L&Y, LNWR and others, and totally ignored obsolete models like the SECR R1 and LBSC E2.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

Just ordered 6 - I wonder if DCC sound conversion will be easy on this tiny loco?

Also can Hattons please advise the detail differences between each loco. (Which chimney, which cab etc....).

Hi JSpencer,

I've just added a breakdown of features present on each version in the original post on this thread.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Dave

NER: Q6 & J72, that is two more than any of the Scottish Companies! At least there is a CR liveried Andrew Barclay in the Hatton's offering. Was this loco ever owned by the CR?

By the way pre-grouping offerings for the GWR include: Dean Goods, City, Star, 28XX, 43XX, 45XX, 47XX, 42XX, Dean Pannier plus the rearranging of pre-grouping bits know as the "Dukedog!"

• RMweb Premium

NER: Q6 & J72, that is two more than any of the Scottish Companies! At least there is a CR liveried Andrew Barclay in the Hatton's offering. Was this loco ever owned by the CR?

By the way pre-grouping offerings for the GWR include: Dean Goods, City, Star, 28XX, 43XX, 45XX, 47XX, 42XX, Dean Pannier plus the rearranging of pre-grouping bits know as the "Dukedog!"

I think it's as preserved , not an actual CR loco. Not sure if I'll go for that or another version . It's a shame, it seems everyone likes blue locos and there's a famous company with a blue livery , yet.........

P class

C class

H class

You can add to that Bachmann's N class, Hornby's model of the SECR Terrier, and the ancient Hornby-Dublo/Wrenn R1. 

I'm surprised there isn't a mode of the D, but I suspect a NRM special edition of the preserved number 737 is an inevitability at some point. 

• RMweb Gold

I think it's as preserved , not an actual CR loco. Not sure if I'll go for that or another version . It's a shame, it seems everyone likes blue locos and there's a famous company with a blue livery , yet.........

Yes, it was at the Cupar Sugar beet factory, but was preserved at Brechin. In the 1990s it was in a green livery, but in the early 2000s was repainted into full CR blue livery, which it carried until 2011 when it went into a plain black CR livery. 

• Like 1

Very good news.  I am very much hoping that one or both of the 2 "as preserved" examples in the fully lined Wainwright livery will prove suitable for representing the locos as originally in service.  If so, 3 locos from a release in pre-grouping livery is a welcome first, indeed, it is positively overwhelming, in a good way.  

I gather it is being 'manufactured' by the commissioner - like the Kernow GW Steam Railmotor? - an interesting, and I hope, positive, development. 

I also welcome another small industrial in the form of the Andrew Barclay, which, though out of period for me, I think is a great move for the hobby.

Both releases are sure to be popular.

I wish these projects well.

Excellent announcement! I think I'll need two (323 and 178).

Do we know how the manufacturer is? Given the insulated wheel bushes, it looks very Bachmann, especially given their announcement a few weeks back that they are now working on external contracts. But no mention in Hattons announcement. Subcontract with Kader direct? Would be nice to know in terms of what to expect mechanically.

Very good news.  I am very much hoping that one or both of the 2 "as preserved" examples in the fully lined Wainwright livery will prove suitable for representing the locos as originally in service.  If so, 3 locos from a release in pre-grouping livery is a welcome first, indeed, it is positively overwhelming, in a good way.  

I gather it is being 'manufactured' by the commissioner - like the Kernow GW Steam Railmotor? - an interesting, and I hope, positive, development. 

I also welcome another small industrial in the form of the Andrew Barclay, which, though out of period for me, I think is a great move for the hobby.

Both releases are sure to be popular.

I wish these projects well.

Going OT, I thought the Railcar was Kernow/DJM (though that may have changed since I suppose).

Back on topic, Hattons have their delightful Warwells and Snowploughs being strictly between them and the chosen factory. So I guess some small tank locos are the next steps up.

I have order all three SECR ones, will look good next to C class and N class I already own with H to follow.