Class 20 Lights

The Black Hat

Hello all,

I have bought a class 20 and intend to slowly build up a pool of three. I know there are some threads here which get close to what I am after, but the addition of the headlights I think compounds matters so I thought best to start afresh.

Two will need lights and sound fitting, with the lights including the addition of a high intensity headlight. I will need to add this to one model, while the model I have has it working, but as a dummy (20901). So advice is needed to wire in the lights to the sound, which I expect is 21 pin.

Another 20 is expected to be purchased, 20088 to become 20096, but this too, while it has sound fitted will need lights adding - including the high intensity headlight as well.

Could people please advise which is the easiest way to add lights to these?

Thanks in advance...

Hello all,

I have bought a class 20 and intend to slowly build up a pool of three. I know there are some threads here which get close to what I am after, but the addition of the headlights I think compounds matters so I thought best to start afresh.

Two will need lights and sound fitting, with the lights including the addition of a high intensity headlight. I will need to add this to one model, while the model I have has it working, but as a dummy (20901). So advice is needed to wire in the lights to the sound, which I expect is 21 pin.

Another 20 is expected to be purchased, 20088 to become 20096, but this too, while it has sound fitted will need lights adding - including the high intensity headlight as well.

Could people please advise which is the easiest way to add lights to these?

Thanks in advance...

Hi David

Lights including headlights can be added to any Class 20. DRS 20906 shows the working marker lights/headlights and cab lights I fitted using custom made lighting boards and SMD LED's etc. For 20096 the center marker light would require replacing with new working headlights. 

Let me know, if you need any more info.........

HTH

Ken

post-2215-0-63362900-1505322072_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Ken.

More info on how you did this would be fantastic. Cab lights for me I doubt would be needed. But help and advice to fit the lights as shown above would be brilliant. Thanks in advance. 

Try and obtain a back copy of Model Rail Magazine No 164 January 2012, if still available ? . It features a comprehensive article I wrote on fitting lighting to DRS 20 906, but the same would apply to any Class 20.  If you can't source the mag, let me know....

HTH

Ken