Kempston Model Railway Exhibition 4th November

L49

Just a quick heads up for anyone in the Bedford area on the 4th November (Saturday). Kempston Model Railway club will be holding their bi-annual exhibition at Kempston East Methodist Church, Bedford Road, Kempston.

This year will see the biggest show so far in terms of floor space and exhibitors. Here is the list of layouts, displays and traders confirmed so far...

Layouts/Displays

“Addison Yard” Bedford U3A. OO

Koln Westbahnhoff   Ann & Brian Silby

“Never been named”. Dave Pitcher.  

“Eastchurch”. OO

“Tove Valley”. Gordon Kettell.

“Hall Lane”. Mike Kettell.

“Lazy River”. Robin Edwards

“Rowell Sidings”. Peter Dines. OO

“Rue Sidi Brahim”. Charlie Connor  HO

“Liddell Town”. Dave Smith.  

“Bryans End”. Brian Woodcock. OO

“Ashfield “. St Neots MRC. OO

“Southdale”. OO. K&DMRS

“Bedford Shed”. OO. K&DMRS

“Juniors Layout”. OO.  K&DMRS

“TEST TRACK”. MULTI.  K&DMRS

“Ridgmont”. N.  K&DMRS

Les Williams

The 00 Gauge Assocciation

The North London Railway Historical Society

Bedford & District Scale Model Club

TRADERS

LCGB

Models, Roads & Trams. Mervyn Askew

Little Layout Company

Model World.   Mike Oxley

Keith’s Model Railways

John Dutfield Model Railways

I will post more details and news closer to the time. Look forward to seeing you there.
Edited by L49

• 4 weeks later...

Just been working on the exhibition plan. Here's a sneak preview...

post-8704-0-25369700-1507552896.jpg

The stand numbers and names are below

1 Liddle Town

2 Rue Sidi Brahim

3 Southdale

4 Bryans End

5 Addison Yard

6 Rowell Sidings

7 Ashfield

8 LCGB

9 Bedford Bletchley

10 B&D scale model club

11 Demonstration

12 Meccano/Lego

13 Elmwood Yard

14 John Dutfield Model Railways

15 Little Layout Co.

16 Broad Gate

17 K&DMRC stand

18 Demonstration

19 Bedford Midland Shed

20 Model World

21 Marston Vale

22 Hall Lane

23 Model roads and Tramways

24 Tove Valley

25 The 00 Gauge association

26 The North London Rly HIstorical Society

27 Keith's Model Railways

28 Koln Westbanhof

29 Lazy River

30 Eastchurch

31 Children's layout

Edited by L49
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We've had to make a few amendments to the layout of the show, but we think this is now the final plan.

It should be fairly obvious from the list of exhibitors; green are layouts, yellow are displays and blue are traders.

I think the rest is self explanatory.

post-8704-0-51803700-1508520469_thumb.jpg

(edited to show the right final show plan!)

Edited by L49

An art exhibition at the same venue?

Railway art maybe?

Well I was going to put a painting of mine in, but then they told me that I would have to consider selling it!

As it is the only painting I have ever done that I am really happy with, I decided against it, so it is back in my study.

• RMweb Premium

Well I was going to put a painting of mine in, but then they told me that I would have to consider selling it!

As it is the only painting I have ever done that I am really happy with, I decided against it, so it is back in my study.

Why not get Pete's mate Iain to buy it and then you buy it back at the same price. Mainly because I would like to see it.

All being well I will be there on Saturday.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Why not get Pete's mate Iain to buy it and then you buy it back at the same price. Mainly because I would like to see it.

All being well I will be there on Saturday.

Exhibiting or observer ?

I'll pop along but don't know when, as I'll get some wok done in the morning.

• RMweb Premium

Exhibiting or observer ?

I'll pop along but don't know when, as I'll get some wok done in the morning.

Hi Dave

Visitor, I am combining the exhibition with hopefully a meet up with my brother who lives near by and then pop over to Goldington to see mum and her partner.

I hope to bump into you then.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave

Visitor, I am combining the exhibition with hopefully a meet up with my brother who lives near by and then pop over to Goldington to see mum and her partner.

I hope to bump into you then.

I'll look like my avatar.    (I'll try and remember to put a GNRS membership secretary badge on)

Edited by chris p bacon

• RMweb Premium

I had an enjoyable day visiting this show. Thank you Charlie. It was good to see Lloyd, Jim, Iain and Ken. I had a nice time reminiscing about bunking Bedford shed with a chap who was a driver there. The model of Bedford shed looks like it has quite a bit of potential. It needs a BRCW Type 2 Bo-Bo sitting outside. 

Didn't get to meet up with my brother, he went off to see St Neots Town play a away game, I hope he enjoyed it especially as the beat Gosport 1-0. The end of teh day was good in having tea with Mum and her partner.

• RMweb Gold

I had an enjoyable day visiting this show. Thank you Charlie. It was good to see Lloyd, Jim, Iain and Ken. I had a nice time reminiscing about bunking Bedford shed with a chap who was a driver there. The model of Bedford shed looks like it has quite a bit of potential. It needs a BRCW Type 2 Bo-Bo sitting outside. 

Didn't get to meet up with my brother, he went off to see St Neots Town play a away game, I hope he enjoyed it especially as the beat Gosport 1-0. The end of teh day was good in having tea with Mum and her partner.

I popped over during the day (got stuck in the traffic to interchange retail park) and parted with some monies on the LCGB stand courtesy of Bill Davies. Couldn't stay long as work had to continue.

I had a nice time reminiscing about bunking Bedford shed with a chap who was a driver there. The model of Bedford shed looks like it has quite a bit of potential. It needs a BRCW Type 2 Bo-Bo sitting outside. 

The driver in question may have been Glen from the Kempston club, who is involved with the layout.

The layout is due out to 2 shows late next year. Lots of work to do on it before then...