Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

3 way points

Indications

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Artificer1

Artificer1

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 13:16

I have installed 3 way points ( effectively operated by 2 surface mounted motors) my intention is to install routing lights visible from a control panel, as the routing to the 3 ways is dependant on the combination of the 2 point settings, I am not sure of the wiring circuit to achieve indication , i.e. One green, two reds.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Robert

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 confused.com

confused.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 21:14

I'll assume that its a Peco code 100 point, there's a changeover switch attached to either the point motor or the tie bar, the green light shows straight ahead route, and we're starting at the heel end of the point.

The first point motor determines whether the loco turns to the right, or heads towards the second point blades. The changeover switch has two outputs. If the firsts point blades are making the loco go right, then wire the first switch so that a red light illuminates. The other output from the switch is the input into the second switch. Wire the second switch so that the output goes to the green bulb when straight ahead, and red when the point is making the loco go left.

By doing this then there will all always be only one light lit up indicating which of the 3 exit rails will be used. I'd draw picture but I can't draw to save my life!

#3 Ron Solly

Ron Solly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationEvanston Gardens, South Australia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:40

The 3 way with indicator lights can be found down this page

http://brian-lambert...ge 2.html#Mimic