Wakefield RMS Model Railway Show 2017

enginelane

Ever closer and a few last minute hitches that make it being more fun as an exhibition manager. Bottom line it’s a hobby and an opportunity to show what can be achieved by skilled modellers and traders prepared to run businesses to provide the bits and bobs we need.

Busy evening getting everything ready for the venue and then it’s doors open Friday 17 th 5.30 to 9 pm!

Spelled is the American version and spelt is the English version, although spelled is becoming more popular.

Everyday is a schoolday - but I'm shore I was teached it were spelled.  Don't you just LOVE the English language.

"Although it is cold,I am going to go through Slough to get enough lead to lead me to mend the roof but I fear I have only one pear for my lunch." etc, etc, etc. :scratchhead:

Everyday is a schoolday - but I'm shore I was teached it were spelled.  Don't you just LOVE the English language.

"Although it is cold,I am going to go through Slough to get enough lead to lead me to mend the roof but I fear I have only one pear for my lunch." etc, etc, etc. :scratchhead:

I didn't know that spelt was also a grain of wheat, so as you say everyday is a school day.

Pete

Spelled is the American version and spelt is the English version, although spelled is becoming more popular.

In Britain, you can use either; but States use spelled. Moi, I prefer that as well, but not because of a prediliction for all things American

Glitches of a locked car park, sorted, and a wonky electrical sub station in the area affecting the lighting circuits all minor in comparison to an excellent day at the show. So pleased with the positive comments about the show and looking forward to the final day Sunday 10 4.30

• Like 1

An excellent day out was had today and then a late lunch at the 'Gas-Lit Pub' in Heath.

There was a very interesting selection of generally very high quality layouts backed up by a good representation of the trade plus demos and Society stands. I liked the way layouts were grouped by scale and gauge. And I spent far too long yattering to a lot of old mates. Thanks WRMS.