00 gauge class 507-315 emu kit 3d designed cast resin on Ebay

piranha230

I wish to announce the following 00 gauge new emu kits are available on Ebay class 507,508,313,314,315, class 455/7 trailer coach.

The parts are 3d designed from official br drawings and cast in grey resin, I have made them available as individual part's so that its easier than buying a full kit in one go and it helps me spread the cost of the 3d design and printing.

The 3d masters are made out of high definition crystal acrylic which gives them a very good finish.

Each full bodyside comes as 3 pieces which join with a tab behind the middle of the double door's, the cab end is a full cab end excluding the floor, each rear end is the same with the corridor connection.

These parts are currently available on Ebay, I am having a one week sale.

Driving coach bodyside  left and right class 507-315. £13.99 normally £17.99 with all other parts discounted for one week.

Driving coach roof for the above.

Cab end and coach rears class 507-315.

Trailer coach roof class 507,508,315,455/7.

Trailer coach bodyside left or right (fits both sides) class 507,508,315,455/7.

Pantograph coach bodyside left and right class 314,315.

The class 313,314,315 pantograph coach roof and the side for the class 313 and modified rear end panto side has finished being designed, I am waiting on them 3d printing the masters for these.

After these the etched window frames are being done, then finally the floors, bogies and underframe components.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just had a look on eBay and I'm very tempted by the 507/508 bits, works out about £140 for a full 3 car set by my maths which is not too bad when you compare it to 'other' kits available that don't look anywhere near as detailed

Hope you do well with them

I wish to announce the following 00 gauge new emu kits are available on Ebay class 507,508,313,314,315, class 455/7 trailer coach.

The parts are 3d designed from official br drawings and cast in grey resin, I have made them available as individual part's so that its easier than buying a full kit in one go and it helps me spread the cost of the 3d design and printing.

The 3d masters are made out of high definition crystal acrylic which gives them a very good finish.

Each full bodyside comes as 3 pieces which join with a tab behind the middle of the double door's, the cab end is a full cab end excluding the floor, each rear end is the same with the corridor connection.

These parts are currently available on Ebay, I am having a one week sale.

Driving coach bodyside  left and right class 507-315. £13.99 normally £17.99 with all other parts discounted for one week.

Driving coach roof for the above.

Cab end and coach rears class 507-315.

Trailer coach roof class 507,508,315,455/7.

Trailer coach bodyside left or right (fits both sides) class 507,508,315,455/7.

Pantograph coach bodyside left and right class 314,315.

The class 313,314,315 pantograph coach roof and the side for the class 313 and modified rear end panto side has finished being designed, I am waiting on them 3d printing the masters for these.

After these the etched window frames are being done, then finally the floors, bogies and underframe components.

Might I suggest that a few links might generate more sales?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

The parts mentioned above are available to buy on eBay via the following link.

I had one of the cabs (all I've managed to order as yet) on the DEMU stand with me at Scalefourum, and it got a reasonable amount of interest and positive comments.

(it should be noted there is also 442 and 309 parts listed there).

It all depends on what resin is being used, hence my original query.

When I used polyester resin for my own 508 nearly 20 years ago, I found that the resin itself was the best adhesive.

Other resins I have tried since do not seem to stick together so well using the same principle.

It all depends on what resin is being used, hence my original query.

When I used polyester resin for my own 508 nearly 20 years ago, I found that the resin itself was the best adhesive.

Other resins I have tried since do not seem to stick together so well using the same principle.

It as all polyurethane resin now, I have the parts cast in grey resin ( usually used on model aircraft cast resin parts), as it looks better than normal coloured  resin, I know it does not stick to itself, the only thing that sticks it together properly is superglue, I use the Asda branded twin pack liquid superglue its only about a pound but is very good stuff, they also do a gel version that's £1.75 for a twin pack but its on offer for a pound sometimes.

Would epoxy not work with resin? ... asking for a friend ;)

Only superglue.

• RMweb Premium

Just had a look on eBay and I'm very tempted by the 507/508 bits, works out about £140 for a full 3 car set by my maths which is not too bad when you compare it to 'other' kits available that don't look anywhere near as detailed

Hope you do well with them

Not sure on the maths... I added the following to a basket to see whether doing a 313 is in my price range:

2 driving ends

3 corridor ends (need 4 but as noted the pantograph end is not yet available)

6 sides (two would be wrong as the 313 panto sides not yet available)

2 driving car roofs (again panto roof not yet available)

With the one week sale that came to £163.87.

Adding the required corridor end, extra roof plus floors, under frame detail and before getting to paint, pantograph, motor, interior etc etc, looking at well over £200

I'm not complaining, just making sure that nobody thinks £140 will get you a three car set!

• RMweb Gold

Not sure on the maths... I added the following to a basket to see whether doing a 313 is in my price range:

2 driving ends

3 corridor ends (need 4 but as noted the pantograph end is not yet available)

6 sides (two would be wrong as the 313 panto sides not yet available)

2 driving car roofs (again panto roof not yet available)

With the one week sale that came to £163.87.

Adding the required corridor end, extra roof plus floors, under frame detail and before getting to paint, pantograph, motor, interior etc etc, looking at well over £200

I'm not complaining, just making sure that nobody thinks £140 will get you a three car set!

Cheers, as I said it was a top of my head calculation'

Still £200+ is fairly decent when you think that another kit manufacturer is offering the ex MTK 508 kit for £240 sans power unit and bogies etc (although i think it's on sale at the moment)

Would a Bachmann class 150 drive and dummy chassis be suitable I wonder?

Cheers, as I said it was a top of my head calculation'

Still £200+ is fairly decent when you think that another kit manufacturer is offering the ex MTK 508 kit for £240 sans power unit and bogies etc (although i think it's on sale at the moment)

Would a Bachmann class 150 drive and dummy chassis be suitable I wonder?

The best way to power it is a new style Hornby motor, as used on the class 153/156.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Class 313,314,315 pantograph coach modified rear end is now available on Ebay, panto coach roof will be available in the next fortnight.

Only one of these is needed per class 313,314,315.

I have had a big delay in getting the latest parts designed as I have changed my 3d designer.

The next parts I am having done are the floors bogies and underframe components.

post-3546-0-99266600-1516890841_thumb.jpg

post-3546-0-50380200-1516890854_thumb.jpg

post-3546-0-33247400-1516890866_thumb.jpg

post-3546-0-16467700-1516890882_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Kelly,

Theyre still on there for some reason Ebay isn't displaying them, just had a look, there's still 3 cabs available apprently

HTH

NL

Yes, after posting I looked at finished auctions and it shows items as available, but not in the seller's items.a weird eBay glitch I guess.

• 6 months later...