Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
- - - - -

Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2018

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 17:25

The Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2018

With a trade presence by Lord & Butler, Cardiff Model Rail Centre, Penarth Road, Cardiff..

Saturday 20th. January, 2018 10:00am – 4:30pm

Scout Association Headquarters, Fields Park Road, Pontcanna, Cardiff CF11 9HX

Admission £3.50p adults. Under 14s Free

Refreshments

Ample free parking
( I am informed that the adjacent car park is 'pay and display' on Monday to Friday, but not on weekends )

Public Transport – several Cardiff Bus services stop outside ‘The Halfway’ public house, Cathedral Road which is less than five minutes walk to the venue.

In cooperation with Messrs Lord & Butler, several local modellers have agreed to exhibit their layouts in a one day show. 

At the moment we have secured the attendance of some fourteen layouts varying in size from Marc Smith's "Brachdy Bridge" - 4mm in a storage box, up to Graham Mann's new, and as yet unnamed 20'0" x 2'0" Network South East inspired project, also in 4mm.

So, watch this thread for further information and details of layouts and demonstrations

Edited by br2975, 20 October 2017 - 07:30 .

• Like x 3

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 bazjones1711

bazjones1711

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 17:57

Crossley scrap will be making its first outing at the Cardiff show, its a joint effort , my son will operate it and i will help and be on hand to answer any questions or advice

IMG_20170708_164527(1).jpg

IMG_20170529_200009.jpg

IMG_20170920_194753.jpg

The layout is inspired by the real location of Crossley and Evans at Shipley , the layout is 4ft long by 18" wide with a 4ft fiddle yard set in the late 80's to mid 90's.

Locos and stock are ,

Crossley 0-4-0 sentinel Hornby

Petroleum class 31 Hornby

Metals class 47 Bachmann

Metals class 37 Bachmann

Bachmann SSA/POA scrap wagons

Bachmann HSA scrap wagons

Handbuilt ASW POA scrap wagons

Handbuilt Tiphook JRA scrap wagons

Hopefully will start two Sheerness Steel JXA scrap wagons soon !

Edited by bazjones1711, 01 October 2017 - 18:10 .

• Like x 3
  • Craftsmanship/Clever x 1

#3 naturol

naturol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationShangri la. ( near lavernock)

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:36

Been following the progress on baz's layout with a keen interest. First class modeller and highly recommended.
Enough sucking up..
How you fixed to scratch build up a 7mm skip like you just made......in sections so i can cast it....
Next swap meet come over to shangri laa for a catch up...

#4 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:42

STOP  PRESS
The following layouts have been promised by their owners;
4mm ‘OO’ gauge, 20’0” x 2’0”  Network South East layout, as yet unnamed, by Graham Mann
“Tunnock Yard” – 4mm ‘EM’ gauge, set in the Speedlink/Privatisation era, by Wayne Crowley.
“Vancouver” – 3.5mm ‘HO’ scale by Brian Tucker. Set in the Canadian north-west with Canadian National, Canadian Pacific & British Columbia Railway diesels.
“Moorland Road” – 4mm ‘OO’ layout set in the British rail green to blue transition era, by Chris. Lock.
“Mutton” – 4mm ‘OO’ gauge based on the Lyme Regis branch station at Combpyne, featuring a variety of former Southern stock, and possibly some stray S&DJR power. Rob. Gunstone
“Minster” – 4mm ‘OO’ gauge set in the Welsh Borders south of Shrewsbury and featuring modern Arriva Trains wales stock; by John Rance & The Bay MRG.
"Friday Bridge" - 4mm 'EM' a 'twig' off the East Anglian Wisbech & Upwell Tramway 'branch'; by minimum space maestro Dave Tailby
“City Sidings” – 4mm ‘OO’ gauge urban setting by Graham Bucknell.
“Talbot Lane TMD” – 4mm ‘OO’ current era stabling point featuring modern diesels and electric locomotives by Marcus Lambert
“Blenheim Road” – 4mm ‘OO’ BR Southern Region terminus, featuring 3rd. rail electric and diesel hauled trains; by the Pontypridd Model Railway Club.
“Crossley Brothers scrap yard” – outstanding scenic modelling depicts a modern scrap yard in 4mm scale. By Joshua Lovell and Barrie Jones.
“Brachdy Bridge” – urban Cardiff in a storage box. Superbly modelled by Marc Smith in 4mm scale.
“Marsh Lane” – 4mm scale BR blue, set in 3rd. rail territory around Southampton and Portsmouth presented by Nick Goward.
“Llandre” – 2mm ‘N’ gauge featuring some kit bashed and scratch built stock.
Fourteen layouts, now that should be pretty good value for money..
Details of demonstrators will follow shortly.
Brian R

Edited by br2975, 20 October 2017 - 07:38 .

• Like x 2

#5 bazjones1711

bazjones1711

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 18:25

Been following the progress on baz's layout with a keen interest. First class modeller and highly recommended.
Enough sucking up..
How you fixed to scratch build up a 7mm skip like you just made......in sections so i can cast it....
Next swap meet come over to shangri laa for a catch up...

hello Paul , let me know the sizes as i'm not a 7mm man ! so i'm guessing at about 140mm long (20ft) 55mm wide (7ft 9") and varying heights ? or there abouts . Look forward to Shangi Laa in January , keep in touch

Baz

#6 Bungus the Fogeyman

Bungus the Fogeyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 19:09

Guess I'm not needed then......

Disgusting of Market Harborough

#7 valleymodeller

valleymodeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 12 October 2017 - 14:25

I'm trying to get get Graham Mann to come up with a name for the new layout, as it will be attending the Pontypridd MRC Show in April too. The name I have been given so far is unprintable so a working party has been set up to come up with something more appropriate!

#8 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 16:37

Guess I'm not needed then......

Please accept my humble apologies; I've still to master the art of cutting and pasting from one document to another, then to a forum.

I've now amended the list of layouts.

Brian R

PS

am still squirming.

#9 Bungus the Fogeyman

Bungus the Fogeyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 21:51

Thanks Brian!

#10 valleymodeller

valleymodeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 13 October 2017 - 13:31

Please accept my humble apologies; I've still to master the art of cutting and pasting from one document to another, then to a forum.

I've now amended the list of layouts.

Brian R

PS

am still squirming.

Hi Brian, will there be plenty of hot tea on the day? I've just bought this month's BRM and whilst browsing through I found Rosamund St and then turned the page...........meet the modeller! 

Great to see it in print again though.

Tony

#11 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 20:14

Thank you Tony.

Tonight I will mostly be quaffing some vino tinto, listening to the football (on the wireless !), reading my own publicity and contemplating 'Son of Rosamund Street'

The idea behind the next project may be apparent in the photo.

Regards

Brian

Attached Thumbnails

• 20171013_2034111.jpg

#12 valleymodeller

valleymodeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 14 October 2017 - 16:42

Looks like industrial stuff c 1970s with steam? Probably based on Mountain Ash?

• Agree x 1

#13 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:18

BRACHDY BRIDGE - 4mm scale Urban Cardiff in a storage box, by Marc Smith.

Attached Thumbnails

• Brachdy Bridge-1.jpg

#14 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:20

MOORLAND ROAD - 4mm scale, B.R. 'transition era' by Chris. Lock

Attached Thumbnails

• Moorland Road-1.jpg
  • Moorland Road-2.jpg
  • Moorland Road-3.jpg

#15 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:21

FRIDAY BRIDGE - 4mm scale 'EM' East Anglian branch off the Wisbech & Upwell Tramway, by Dave Tailby

Attached Thumbnails

• Friday Bridge-1.jpg

#16 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:23

TALBOT  LANE - 4mm scale 'modern image' by Marcus Lambert

Attached Thumbnails

• Talbot Lane-1.jpg
  • Talbot Lane-3.jpg

Edited by br2975, 18 October 2017 - 07:23 .

#17 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:27

MINSTER - 4mm scale, Welsh borders by John RANCE and the Bay MRG

Attached Thumbnails

• Minster-1.jpg
  • Minster-2.jpg
  • Minster-3.jpg

#18 chrisf

chrisf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • LocationBedford

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:49

This show is becoming more irresistible with every post ...

Chris

• Thanks x 1
  • Agree x 1

#19 Happy Hippo

Happy Hippo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationHorton, near Telford

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:16

This show is becoming more irresistible with every post ...

Chris

Helped by the attendance of myself, my brother and his boys. :no:

• Like x 1

#20 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:16

MARSH LANE - 4mm 'BR Blue' in the Portsmouth / Southampton area by Nick Goward.

Attached Thumbnails

• Marsh Lane-1.jpg

#21 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:18

Helped by the attendance of myself, my brother and his boys. :no:

Together with several hundred Frenchmen coming from Fishguard ("in joke" between your sibling and myself !!)

• Funny x 1

#22 Doddy171

Doddy171

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 17:51

STOP  PRESS
The following layouts have been promised by their owners;
4mm ‘OO’ gauge, 20’0” x 2’0”  Network South East layout, as yet unnamed, by Graham Mann
“Tunnock Yard” – 4mm ‘EM’ gauge, set in the Speedlink/Privatisation era, by Wayne Crowley.
“Vancouver” – 3.5mm ‘HO’ scale by Brian Tucker. Set in the Canadian north-west with Canadian National, Canadian Pacific & British Columbia Railway diesels.
“Moorland Road” – 4mm ‘OO’ layout set in the British rail green to blue transition era, by Chris. Lock.
“Mutton” – 4mm ‘OO’ gauge based on the Lyme Regis branch station at Combpyne, featuring a variety of former Southern stock, and possibly some stray S&DJR power. Rob. Gunstone
“Minster” – 4mm ‘OO’ gauge set in the Welsh Borders south of Shrewsbury and featuring modern Arriva Trains wales stock; by John Rance & The Bay MRG.
"Friday Bridge" - 4mm 'EM' a 'twig' off the East Anglian Wisbech & Upwell Tramway 'branch'; by minimum space maestro Dave Tailby
“City Sidings” – 4mm ‘OO’ gauge urban setting by Graham Bucknell.
“Talbot Lane TMD” – 4mm ‘OO’ current era stabling point featuring modern diesels and electric locomotives by Marcus Lambert
“Blenheim Road” – 4mm ‘OO’ BR Southern Region terminus, featuring 3rd. rail electric and diesel hauled trains; by the Pontypridd Model Railway Club.
“Crossley Brothers scrap yard” – outstanding scenic modelling depicts a modern scrap yard in 4mm scale. By Joshua Lovell and Barrie Jones.
“Brachdy Bridge” – urban Cardiff in a storage box. Superbly modelled by Marc Smith in 4mm scale.
“Marsh Lane” – 4mm scale BR blue, set in 3rd. rail territory around Southampton and Portsmouth presented by Nick Goward.
“Llandre” – 2mm ‘N’ gauge featuring some kit bashed and scratch built stock.
Fourteen layouts, now that should be pretty good value for money..
Details of demonstrators will follow shortly.
Brian R

Looks like a good show line up but you forgot me again though!!! Have my O Gauge mini layout for this year, The Merioneth and Llantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited.

Steve

in:

#23 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:10

Looks like a good show line up but you forgot me again though!!! Have my O Gauge mini layout for this year, The Merioneth and Llantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited.

Steve

in:

My apologies Steve, you are on the show floor plan but when you reach my age........

Paul says he'll 'phone you.

Brian R

• Like x 1