Engine Wood - now sold

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

This was one of my favourite layouts when you were exhibiting. I think the first time I saw it' was at a Watford Finescale exhibition!

How time flies!

Edited by PMP
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see this being 'aired' again. I always like the look of the pictures I've seen but never caught it 'in the flesh' as it were. Does the fact that you've started posting again suggest it's being re-awakened for further showing?

• Like 1

I've never seen it either! If this is the kind of handiwork that comes from 'workin' on the railroad', we should all take note as the quality reflected must be representative of the real thing which presumably the Cap'n has a hand in!

Great stuff!

Brian

• Like 2

I remember seeing Engine Wood in a modelling magazine some years back. That particular edition has survived thinning out of the magazine collection due to the Engine Wood article. What I especially liked, aside from the atmosphere generated by the modelling, was the attention given to the back story - not just the fine signalbox diagram, but the closure notices too. Good work, nice to see some pictures again.

Always loved this layout when it was being exhibited.  I seem to remember a great website at the time as well.  I think a key element for me was the relative simplicity of the track layout but with wonderfully observed detail and great attention to detail.  No attempt to cram to much in.  The back story was also well thought out and added a real dimension to how believable the layout was.  Great to see shots of it again.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

The signalbox diagram just adds that bit to your historical stories :)

The S&T guy that did it for me sort of got caught up in the anal nature of the back story, and gave the diagram a serial number midway between the real diagram numbers for Midford and Camerton!

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

A few more of the images taken by Chris Nevard.

A general view of the goods yard, with the ancient lorry belonging to Mr Dando parked outside the goods shed:

attachicon.gifEW_CN_03.jpg

44422 does a little light shunting:

attachicon.gifEW_CN_04.jpg.jpg

The very clean 82041 approaches Engine Wood from the direction of Midford South Jct:

attachicon.gifEW_CN_05.jpg

General view of the station:

attachicon.gifEW_CN_08.jpg.jpg

How nice to see some of Chris Nevard's wonderful photos without that silly fake smoke coming out of the chimney.