Black 5 No.45000 with TTS Sound

BR(S)

• RMweb Gold

I was hoping they had gone for a new and unusual livery - apple green (44763 in 1948) , 'furness' brown (45407 in 1969)  and 'brunswick' green (44392 1970 til ???) are all available and would surely sell as limited editions. TTS seems an unnecessary addition to the base price for limited edition as well  - even if the models are being bought to run but each to their own :)

• RMweb Gold

All depends upon what's on offer from Hornby's current production runs,I imagine.As regards Black 5's Rails have two mainstream versions currently advertised...the TTS BR (early ) version and the ill-fated 45274 (late BR).

Using a crystal ball,what perhaps is next up from Hornby that could have an NRM connection ?

I assume its in BR then, an odd choice, (4)5000 is preserved at Shildon in a beautiful lined LMS black.

The Q1 is preserved in beautiful C1 Southern black (and I think while she was at York, she has always been that) but rails still did her in late BR.

5000 was done previously, where as 33001/C1 has never been done in any of her guises. If it is 45000 with TTS, then I suspect sales will be slower than 33001 because not everyone will want TTS and because she has appeared as 5000 before.

A black 5 in  apple green, that would be interesting!

I was hoping they had gone for a new and unusual livery - apple green (44763 in 1948) , 'furness' brown (45407 in 1969)  and 'brunswick' green (44392 1970 til ???) are all available and would surely sell as limited editions. TTS seems an unnecessary addition to the base price for limited edition as well  - even if the models are being bought to run but each to their own :)

None of these (I assume you meant 44932) has a domeless boiler.

post-31247-0-34028800-1507358163_thumb.jpg

cf22caf1-565f-461a-8528-6854ca3d2b01.png

RAILS LIMITED EXCLUSIVE EDITION
BLACK FIVE

BR (LATE) BLACK 5 CLASS 4-6-0 STEAM LOCOMOTIVE NO.45000

DCC FITTED WITH TTS SOUND!

ONLY 250 PRODUCED

ORDER YOURS NOW FOR
£199.99

post-31247-0-01759100-1507358280_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-32639600-1507358293_thumb.jpg

ORDERS WILL BE DESPATCHED WEEK COMMENCING 16/10/17

Fancy adding more realism? Then why not have your model professionally weathered. Choose from Light, Medium or End of life heavy weathering. VIEW HERE

Our professional custom weathering service is available on this model, simply add when purchasing the Black Five.

PLEASE NOTE: UNFORTUNATELY THE MODEL WILL NOT BE AT THE GREAT ELECTRIC TRAIN SHOW THIS WEEEKEND. HOWEVER IT WILL BE ON DISPLAY IN OUR SHOP

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One question, the rods have been painted in a strange brown spray.

If you look at these two photo the rods are oily steel, just look like the loco has sat in Barry for a while.

Darren

post-6929-0-21115100-1508329160_thumb.jpg

post-6929-0-74635700-1508329185.jpg

Edited by darren01

• 8 months later...

May I politely point out that your announcement should read ‘fewer than’, instead of ‘less than’. Although I think we understand what you mean!

Whilst agreeing that it should read “fewer”, there is a more important* problem shown up by the video. In common with other TTS steam locomotives, the sounds do not match the turning of the wheels, as has often been pointed out. Less (!) often pointed out is that the speed of the exhaust beats increases in steps rather than smoothly. Hornby has done a good job at a reasonable price for TTS diesels but, for my taste, TTS sound is no good for steam. Sorry, Oliver.

* Possibly.

May I politely point out that your announcement should read ‘fewer than’, instead of ‘less than’. Although I think we understand what you mean!

Oliver is speaking Yorkshire, we dont use 'Fewer'    So if you say: 'How Much'  Oliver in Yorkshire would say either 'More' or 'Less'   Charlie  (From England's Largest County)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oliver is speaking Yorkshire, we dont use 'Fewer' So if you say: 'How Much' Oliver in Yorkshire would say either 'More' or 'Less' Charlie (From England's Largest County)

I thought Yorkshire had unidirectional language when it came to finances ?

Paying out... less less

Receivables .. more more

Examples of use include:

“Yer having a laff arent you...it ain’t werth that.. i’ll Have to offer u less”

“Yer twisting mi arm, burr it ain’t broke... it’s gonna cost a bit more than that lad”.

I didn’t think there wasn’t an inverse in that particular dialect of English to allow paying out more, or accepting less.

(I’m a product of the left side of the Penines, we get our pot shots when we can :-)

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

One question, the rods have been painted in a strange brown spray.

If you look at these two photo the rods are oily steel, just look like the loco has sat in Barry for a while.

Darren

Those two pictures must have been taken in quite close proximity of time... note the lumps of coal lying in the track sides haven’t moved ! Edited by adb968008