Railmatch Paint Spray Cans

• RMweb Premium

In view of the numerous near unanimous comments in this thread, perhaps BRM would like to test a Railmatch spray can?  Maybe the manufacturers don't listen to individual modellers, but they (and potential customers) might find a review in one of the leading magazines a bit more persuasive.

DT

• Like 1

In view of the numerous near unanimous comments in this thread, perhaps BRM would like to test a Railmatch spray can?  Maybe the manufacturers don't listen to individual modellers, but they (and potential customers) might find a review in one of the leading magazines a bit more persuasive.

DT

.... only if BRM had the same negative experience as reported here, and was prepared to say so.

I'm not holding my breath.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

I've had good use out of rail match spray cans. I give it a good shake prior to use and sometimes during use (between sprays). I always turn them upside down and clear the head at the end of the session. I then store them upright. If the pressure drops in the can you can re pressure them (at your own risk). Not finished a can yet as they appear to go on for ever.

No connection to the company, just a happy customer.

Mark

• RMweb Premium

I've had good use out of rail match spray cans. I give it a good shake prior to use and sometimes during use (between sprays). I always turn them upside down and clear the head at the end of the session. I then store them upright. If the pressure drops in the can you can re pressure them (at your own risk). Not finished a can yet as they appear to go on for ever.

No connection to the company, just a happy customer.

Mark

I've no experience of Railmatch Cans, but I believe some people experience nozzle clogging during spraying and so never get the chance to clear the nozzle using the above method.  How do you go about re-pressurising the cans?

I've no experience of Railmatch Cans, but I believe some people experience nozzle clogging during spraying and so never get the chance to clear the nozzle using the above method.  How do you go about re-pressurising the cans?

Using a tyre valve and a compressor, you can research it online at your own risk. I've had a spray can where the valve in the can was damaged and discharged the contents like a fountain due to this. Also too much pressure in the can and you will be painting Mr Bean style.

Mark

Yep, these cans will block mid spray. I could understand it if you forgot to turn it upside down to clear the nozzle and it was blocked next time you came to use it but not when it's a brand new can that gives up after a few seconds. It happens far to often to be coincidence. No other brand has this problem.

Yes, what that man said. Times one thousand. Thank you Gareth.

The nozzle can be enlarged slightly with a cutting broach. This makes it less prone to clog. It also increases the flow of paint, so one has to guard against over spraying. Only a tiny enlargement is needed.

If a nozzle gets really blocks, then it needs the vertical part of the tube cleaning with a drill before cleaning the angle cleaning with strong solvent. The solvent alone won't fix it.

RM satin varnish seems to change its finish depending on the amount sprayed. Thin coat, matt finish; thick coat, shiny finish. I've never had a problem with the matt stuff going shiny.