If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Another New Member

Learner

Hi all, I have been on here a few times to read certain topics and I was taken the numbers of knowledgeable people on here but as just importantly I enjoy the great attitude of the posters, most helpful and with no lack of good humour which I think is important. I used to have a Triang set when I was a kid that my Dad bought for me and my brother in 1953 - a Jinty and two maroon coaches. I loved it and saved my pocket money and added to it until I was about 15/16 - but at that time guitars, amps and girls took over my interests!

I have over the last couple of years been drooling over the quality of 00 and N for a couple of years thinking how good it is today compared to the 50's - and how I would love to have a tiny layout again, and droning on to my wife about it - she who has absolutely no interest whatsoever. But she did actually buy me my first choice loco - the Dapol Schools class "Shrewsbury". I used to go to Hastings via Sevenoaks and Tonbridge with my parents as a kid on seaside excursions hauled by this beautiful loco (not sure whether a Shrewsbury was included though!) I have now added the GF N Class, GF BR Std Class 5mt 2-6-0 and the BR Std Class tank 2-6-4 - all early emblem. I went straight into DCC with an NCE power cab and I have kato track. My currently crude layout is loosely meant to cover the BR eastern division routes to Hastings and to Margate via Swanley and Orpington where among other places I spent my childhood. The layout is currently 3.5 ft x 5.5 ft.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the welcome! I probably won't be able to contribute usefully to the forum, possibly I'll be more of a nuisance I guess by asking questions!

I suspect this might depend on how many other people are also after answers to the same questions.

Time will tell.

Anyway, most of the guys here don't bite - well, apart from ************, who exercises restraint since the mods read him the riot act. Now, he only eats people on Wednesdays - so you should be safe, for the time being at least … .

Joking aside, most of the people here are great - and Andy and the mods are determined to keep things that way.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here - I've got no complaints … .

Huw.