Cakebox Challenge Chat

Phil Parker

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

You'll be picking your top 3 in order and we'll award points so there is a final winner. Mr York says this voting system is less open to "manipulation" than just picking one so we don't end up announcing the winner as a Mr Putin of Moscow. Unless he makes an especially good model of course.

More importantly though, if your entry isn't on this page: www.world-of-railways.co.uk/cakebox then it isn't entered in the competition

To speed things up, please send your 3 photos and 200(ish) word description to me phil.parker@warnersgroup.co.uk so I can get the pages set up. More details on the call for entries thread. Do it quickly as with potentially a 100 web pages to set up, if everyone leaves it to the last minutes, I simply won't have time to do them all. Thanks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You'll be picking your top 3 in order and we'll award points so there is a final winner. Mr York says this voting system is less open to "manipulation" than just picking one so we don't end up announcing the winner as a Mr Putin of Moscow. Unless he makes an especially good model of course.

More importantly though, if your entry isn't on this page: www.world-of-railways.co.uk/cakebox then it isn't entered in the competition

To speed things up, please send your 3 photos and 200(ish) word description to me phil.parker@warnersgroup.co.uk so I can get the pages set up. More details on the call for entries thread. Do it quickly as with potentially a 100 web pages to set up, if everyone leaves it to the last minutes, I simply won't have time to do them all. Thanks.

Phil, that link isn’t working for some reason. As I’ve entered I’ve already bookmarked the page, here’s the link for anyone else:

Note: the link is for the list of entries, not just direct to my entry (but there’s a thought :D :D )

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/brm/information/brm-cake-box-challenge-list-of-entries

More importantly though, if your entry isn't on this page: www.world-of-railways.co.uk/cakebox then it isn't entered in the competition.

I should be submitting mine in the next few days, once I've got hold of a cake box to do the size photo and chosen the other two photos for each. I can't think what kind of 'manipulation' the voting might be open to, although I suppose given the high number of potential entries, choosing only one is more likely to produce a result where lots of entries get very similar but small numbers of votes, whereas ranking 3 would more clearly produce an overall winner. And hopefully the voting will not be hacked, etc etc :jester:

Drovers Road submitted.... 

Eh?

I thought the submission address was cakeboxchallenge@warnersgroup.co.uk ?

Or do both end up in your in box?

I was suffering brain fade and couldn't remember the "official" address. But in practical terms, they both end up in my in-box so it doesn't matter which one you use.

Just use it! :-)

I have.

We'll All Go Together sent too!

And now (18th Sept), Under Way has been submitted.    Looking forward to seeing them in the official list! 

And Thats That!  :senile:

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, as life, health, work and other issues have got in the way recently it is unlikely that I will be able to complete my entry by the deadline for the challenge. I still intend to complete this little diorama when time and circumstances allow and am wondering if this forum will remain open beyond the closing date? Or should I post future updates, elsewhere?

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation? Have you decided what to do next?

Regards

Bill

Unfortunately, as life, health, work and other issues have got in the way recently it is unlikely that I will be able to complete my entry by the deadline for the challenge. I still intend to complete this little diorama when time and circumstances allow and am wondering if this forum will remain open beyond the closing date? Or should I post future updates, elsewhere?

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation? Have you decided what to do next?

Regards

Bill

I made a couple but as usual came up with far more ideas than I had time to make. When/if I get round to doing some more I will probably post them in the micro layouts and dioramas section of RMweb.

• Administrators

Regards

Bill

We're happy to leave the forum open as long as people wish to post. There's no reason Cakeboxing shouldn't go on into the future. I can't promise another magazine organised competition, but we can look at things again if there is the demand.

• 3 weeks later...

Regards

Bill

I’m in the same boat, Bill. Taken on quite a lot this year, but my CakeBox is nearly there. Geoff and 009 micro modeller were trying to encourage me to submit what I had managed, so far, but one of the key pieces would have been missing. Will post mine here when it is finished and look forward to voting on the entries that made it through on time! Look forward to seeing yours too!! All the best, Marlyn

Is the voting live yet or have I just not understood the website?

Phil's still sorting the page with the full entry list as *some* people didn't get their backsides into gear and then I've got to put the list into the polling software. He's being nice(ish) to them. We'll let you know a bit later today when voting's open.

• RMweb Gold

Phil's still sorting the page with the full entry list as *some* people didn't get their backsides into gear and then I've got to put the list into the polling software. He's being nice(ish) to them. We'll let you know a bit later today when voting's open.

Tsk, *some* people, eh...

• Like 1

Tsk, *some* people, eh...

Tardy, no sense of urgency.

I blame their...   Ummm, there must be something to blame!   :jester:

But congratulations to all those who got something in, and commiserations for those who were overtaken by non-modelling events.