Cardiff Model Railway Show

Abergwaun

With less that 2 weeks to go and following the lastest load of hick ups the layouts attending are:-

Dunvant - (Cardiff 4mm Group) operated using the superb LNWR stock built by Sandy Croall

Hardwick Grange -  the 4mm layout from Cardiff Model Engineering Society

Rhydypenderyn - 16mm Garden Railway by Tony Bird

Hope under Dinmore - EM all the way from Portsmouth

Chewton Mendip - another masterpiece from Tim Tinknell

Tucking Mill - 2mm fine scale by the brilliant Jerry Clifford, ably supported by Kim

Llawryglyn - a return of the popular EM Cambrian layout by Richard Loydall

Sherton Abbas - A spectacular O Gauge built by Dave Stone on its first public outing 

Blue Circle Tarmac - OO Gauge Quarry by (Mr Prolific) Paul Rolley - is this the last before defection to O Gauge ??

Z Gauge layout by Max Jones - continuing his development of the miniture

Abercynnon Fach - OO gauge favourite by Brian Tucker

Roundhouse - N gauge American loco shed, first phase in the development of a larger layout - watch this space

Flintcombe - P4 by the East Dorset Gang of Four

There will also be 11 traders and 12 Demos and a stand with superb dioramas by the Military Fighting Vehicles Association

So looking forward to the show, I'm having my eyesight tested on the Saturday morning .........

So's I can stop doing 'Penfold' impressions and don't miss any exhibits at the show !

(and avoid reading price tags)

The optician has got a new test card especially for me........

O

OO

TT

N

Z

RIVETS FOR COUNTING

I

I'll be assisting Rolley Minor with his latest creation "Blue Circle Quarry" - a 4mm scale tarmac plant.

Drop by and chat.

Brian R 

Edited by br2975
  • Like 1

So looking forward to the show, I'm having my eyesight tested on the Saturday morning .........

So's I can stop doing 'Penfold' impressions and don't miss any exhibits at the show !

(and avoid reading price tags)

The optician has got a new test card especially for me........

O

OO

TT

N

Z

RIVETS FOR COUNTING

I

I'll be assisting Rolley Minor with his latest creation "Blue Circle Quarry" - a 4mm scale tarmac plant.

Drop by and chat.

Brian R 

you missed EM & P4

• Like 1

you missed EM & P4

The intention is to keep the thread running.......................... and stir things up a bit !

I was thinking of lighting a blue touch paper and  including both P4 and S4,

And the best of British (Imperial) 'S' ..............but apart from Trevor Nunn, I don't think there's been another "S" Scale layout at the Cardiff Show.

Perhaps the show 'sage' Mike Bird will know ?

The intention is to keep the thread running.......................... and stir things up a bit !

I was thinking of lighting a blue touch paper and  including both P4 and S4,

And the best of British (Imperial) 'S' ..............but apart from Trevor Nunn, I don't think there's been another "S" Scale layout at the Cardiff Show.

Perhaps the show 'sage' Mike Bird will know ?

There was an S scale Cambrian a few years ago by John Coulter (I may have got his name wrong - the man from Leicester who always wore a leather jerkin).

There was an S scale Cambrian a few years ago by John Coulter (I may have got his name wrong - the man from Leicester who always wore a leather jerkin).

Trevor Nunn brought East Lynn in 2009 and John Coulter (sadly now departed but probably playing with the big train set in the sky and converting the angels to S gauge) brought Llanfair in 2012

Trevor Nunn brought East Lynn in 2009 and John Coulter (sadly now departed but probably playing with the big train set in the sky and converting the angels to S gauge) brought Llanfair in 2012

Typical, I knew I'd never seen 'Llanfair' - it was the only year I've missed in living memory.

(Son-in-law's 'stag do'  in Nottingham - and as the crinkly, I had grandfather rights on my licence which allowed me to drive the minibus !).

Brian R

Getting all excited as its only 5 days to go, and the floor plan has (nearly) been finalised

More important, where's the curry to be had, and of course decent beer, even exceptional beer?

I do believe that the Professor is making arrangements for you to devour a tasty curry at the normal curry house on Cowbridge Common. Good beer is available all over Kaardiff as you know. Sadly we will not be able to provide a barrel at the show like we sampled at Aldershot last weekend.

There may just be some welsh Cakes available however